Monday, October 1, 2018

I Wanna Be a Pokémon (_____)

If you've kept up with me through this blog, you'll know that one week ago I "spread my wings" by also taking part in a J-Song competition with one of the most iconic songs in all of Pokémon. It represents something else I can do with Pokémon, and it's also great because I could incorporate cosplay as well. On that note, there are a few things that I could do that involve Pokémon; this explains the title of the post, where the (_____) part is a "blank" that you can fill in. I have some ideas for that "blank" myself based on everything that's gone on.

Because I've sung once, I will try it again - and in fact, there are already plans for next time, with a different song in mind. Thus, I want to be a Pokémon singer. I want to be able to sing as many Pokémon songs as I can, and blend it with my cosplay. The fortunate thing is that the competitions for this allow this to happen nicely, which is a great thing; now I just have to memorize the songs for this purpose, which could be a little challenging, but still doable. I'm certain that this is the start of something that can take me to greater heights.

Something that I'm not quite adept in is making works of art, but I do dabble in it, so I could hope to become a Pokémon artist as well. As I've detailed recently, I still have an interest in Pokémon Art Academy, but I may have to start all over again to take full advantage of it. Time is not something I have quite a bit of, so I have not been able to foster this as much as I would like. Perhaps once I'm securely settled and have quite a bit of time to spare, it would be the moment to develop this and start outputting great art.

While I can't currently hold out hope for artistry, I can still hold out hope for writing, especially through this blog, so being a Pokémon writer is certainly in the cards. It's been a while since I've started this blog - I'm closing in on two years' worth of writing, and I'm just two months away - but this is still my side project. It might as well be my main project, but it hasn't come to that yet. My main project would be something beyond the confines of this blog and in a print form, something I could take pride of for all Pokémon fans out there. In the meantime, I still believe this is a good start.

In a way, this is a bit of an adjunct to a post with similar themes that I made earlier this year. All of these are different things I could be, with regard to Pokémon; they're what makes me, well... me! Sure, it's great to play the games, watch the anime, and all that, but I want to be able to do other things too and be something great in them, perhaps even the best. If you're a Pokémon fan, you too might have something - or different things - to fill that blank so you could say that's what you want to be with Pokémon.

One year ago: Playhouses, Children, and Pokémon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.