Sunday, September 23, 2018

Cosplay: Panniversary 2nd

[AshKetchumMode]

OK, this should be an interesting theme event. My friend had planned to send me here way ahead of time, but then he had a few problems just before it happened. I told him that they're nothing to worry about if he can get over them, and I think he did. So I got to come after all.

Maybe "event" isn't really right to describe this one. The title of this event does have the word "anniversary", so it's really a "celebration". It's the celebration of an out-of-town group of fans of things that I and my other character friends come from. It's also clearly their second one - my friend recalls that one year ago they had the first one, but then he had other problems and couldn't send me here. Hmm, so that means my friend went through a lot to finally get me here.

I chose to come with my regular Kanto outfit. I know my friend often sends me with this one, but he does think it's special. It was my first one after all, and I did wear it for many adventures, even all the way through Johto. It's no wonder. My friend told me to get in the character parade, so I signed up and got in. I was one of the nine in the parade - so it was a small one, but it was OK. I did just great too.

Actually, there's another reason why I was sent here: my friend wanted me to get in the singing competition. This is the first time ever that I've been asked to do this by my friend. Because of my Kanto outfit, I sang "Mezase Pokémon Master", the very first opening theme song for my adventures in Kanto. But you know what? My friend - and me - wanted to "spread our wings" by getting in this one. So this is actually the main reason I was sent here. The choice of the outfit was to match. I was also one of the five who competed.

It was a long wait for the results - I wasn't sure just what held everything back. For the character parade, I got nothing, and for the singing competition, I got nothing too, even though both had three prizes. The chances were good, but it just didn't work out. I don't know.

Pikachu: Pi. [sighing]

At least we had some fun, right, Pikachu? That's a good thing anyhow.

Everything else was small too. The space of the celebration is a small hall. But a few community groups also joined, and there were a few goodies for sale. I didn't find any Pokémon ones, so I was a bit sad. Maybe next time I'll find some and bring them back right away for my friend. The place seems familiar because... oh, wait, I've been sent here, a few years ago, with the same outfit, even! Aw, shucks. But at least people know me and my friend well.

I'm glad that my friend sent here. It seems it's what my friend needed to have with everything that happened recently to him. We ended up with nothing, but the event and celebration was fun. Maybe next time we can score something even better!

[/AshKetchumMode]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.