Tuesday, September 4, 2018

AFA ID in Memoriam

I have some sad, sad news, actually. And Ash is here to tell you about it.

[AshKetchumMode]

Thanks, my friend. I think I'm just sad as you are. You know that my friend likes to send me to faraway events or conventions too, right? One of these happened over last weekend and even on the same day as the nearby convention I was sent to on Sunday. The problem is that it's also the last time it's held, maybe for now, and of course we missed it. Even though it was far away, we still have some links to it. And that makes us sad.

I was sent by my friend four years ago to the convention to see what it's like, and I couldn't believe what I saw. I saw many of my fellow characters, and lots of people that came to see them too. They also came for the food, goodies, and the show - there were lots of these for everyone to enjoy. Maybe that's why the long name of the festival is "Anime Festival Asia", because it really is a festival for everyone.

My friend also had a goal sending me here, and that's to meet my fellow characters. They mean a lot to him, and I have to say this is what makes me happy too. It's kind of like what happened two months ago but on a bigger scale, and everything really was big. The people who were part of the show were no small names either. Sometimes I even saw Pokémon stuff too, which makes me and my friend happy. That's big too for us.

Maybe instead of this, I can be sent to other festivals in the area. That thing that happened two months ago is sure to be around again, so maybe that can help too. Maybe part of the problem is also the location, so maybe next time it could be held somewhere else. But it's hard to find anything that is even like this convention by scale and size. That's something that the people will be sad to lose, and I'm sure my other character friends also feel the same way.

My friend and I are really sad that this happened, even before I had a chance to come back. This convention is one of a kind to us and maybe many others, and to see it go is just terrible. Perhaps it could return some time and some place, but we don't know. Things will go on though, with or without this, so that is something to look forward to. I know my friend agrees with this.

[/AshKetchumMode]

There you have it. If this is the end, then it's a sour one for everyone.

One year ago: Cold as the Winds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.