Friday, January 20, 2017

All in the Cards

One well-known segment of the Pokémon franchise is its Trading Card Game, or TCG for short. So popular is this segment that it has its own world championships as well, alongside the VGC world championships for the video game counterpart. As a result, the TCG also has to keep pace with the video games, and I've been made aware that the TCG has done just that with the Sun/Moon expansion packs, which were just recently released.

My history with the TCG has been somewhat limited. I've previously acquired some of the cards in the early times of the game, but they were only for collection purposes. There was really no one around that I could ask to teach the ways of the game or even to have a battle with - and even now this is still true. In those early times, I could also have picked up the electronic version of the TCG for play on the Game Boy, but I didn't, for reasons of inconvenience.

It has come to my attention, however, that more recently the TCG is being made to be more accessible through online means. Should I find a moment of convenience to play, I will definitely take that moment to play. This too would be an opportunity to "right the ship"; recently I've been interested in certain TCG games other than that of Pokémon, yet I haven't played the one for something that I truly like.

As an all-around Pokémon fan, I truly think that I should try to play the TCG for at least the experience. I am certain that the TCG is here to stay for the future... and it's a future I don't mind being a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.