Sunday, January 15, 2017

Cosplay: AsiA Cosplay Competition, Day 2

AsiA Cosplay Competition continued with Day 2. Today I chose to go retro and cosplay with the "classic" Ash costume from the pre-AG sagas. After the complex Lucario Prince Ash costume from yesterday, today felt like a refresher.

Actually, that's not the only reason I chose this costume. On the promotions for this event, the organizers posted a promo for one of the cosplay competitions with silhouettes of characters that are definitely from Pokémon. I am certain one of these looks like "classic" Ash... and so I took their "bait", so to speak, by cosplaying it today.

Guess whose silhouettes are these?
The competitions today were single and team performances, as well as street cosplay. The former is an area where I'm not quite prepared in regard to my tendency to cosplay Pokémon characters, and thus I skip them; the latter is something I am more prepared for and was the one I undertook. Even so, for the latter, the organizers say that the evaluation is based on interaction with visitors; I am not quite sure how they do so when so many street cosplayers are all over the place.

The winners' announcements were also today. The selection of winners, though, were quite limited; from the live cosplay competitions held yesterday and today, only two winners were selected from each competition. Thus the chances of winning were relatively slim for the cosplay walk and street cosplay, which had a much larger pool of entrants. Unfortunately I won neither this time around, but there'll be other times.

Overall, I thought the competitions were well-organized this time around compared to the previous two years. The organizers were (mostly) informative, and that is quite appreciable. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.