Friday, January 13, 2017

Pokémon and Cosplay

Have I mentioned that I'm an able cosplayer? Maybe you would believe this:


That is indeed me, cosplaying as Ash in his fourth-generation (Sinnoh saga) outfit. This was the very first Ash costume I had - in fact, it was the very first costume I had - and I'm always proud to share this one.

As is the case with many things, it was Pokémon that drove me to start cosplaying. I've always wanted to cosplay as Ash even many, many years ago, but I never quite realized it for various reasons. It was only a few years ago that I finally realized this dream, and now I have many Pokémon costumes available for cosplay.

While I do have costumes for other characters outside of Pokémon, I come back time and again to Pokémon costumes simply because of the above; I just feel that cosplay for me is inescapable from Pokémon, as it was what gave the initiative to become a cosplayer. In fact, I'm thinking of making myself a near-exclusively Pokémon cosplayer, so I would cosplay not only Ash, but perhaps other characters that I'm interested in from this great franchise.

In light of the above, cosplay will be a frequent topic on this blog, and since cosplay/Japanese events come and go, if I do decide to cosplay Pokémon, I will cover them for sure, especially when there's Pokémon involved. Just that much makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.