Sunday, January 22, 2017

Pokémon World + Hero's Come Back = ...

If you're a fan of the Pokémon anime and in particular its old English dub, you'll no doubt recognize one of its old theme songs titled "Pokémon World". This was used as the theme for the Orange Islands saga, and it's got a good, strong beat to it. Guess what also has a good, strong beat? How about the first Japanese opening theme for Naruto: Shippuuden, "Hero's Come Back"? In fact, doesn't it seem that the musical qualities of the songs resemble each other? I think so - enough for me to think about the other when one is played.

I therefore propose that a mashup could be done with both of these songs. Certainly there would have to be some rearrangements of the musical segments, but one thing that I foresee is butting up the chorus of one with the chorus of the other, most likely "Hero's Come Back" first, then "Pokémon World" second, because in this way the lyrics also segue from one song to the other.

I must confess that I am ill-suited to producing mashups, so this is one thing I cannot create on my own. I know basic audio editing, but that is pretty much it; I'm also into music theory, but it's not enough to make "music reality". Nevertheless I can still think up of the concept while leaving it up to others to make it reality, and then I can comment on the finished work.

And perhaps, maybe you too would also like to see the Hero's Come Back of the Pokémon World, lyrically speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.