Friday, December 22, 2017

I Claimed My Team

I have finally done it. After much thought and consideration, which included looking over and reminiscing the Pokémon Go experience I had a month ago and the things that the experience entailed, I went forth and claimed my team. True to my word, I claimed Team Mystic as per the choice dictated by many of my friends who have played Go. I've decided that the benefits outweigh the downsides, and this will make my experiences playing the game more meaningful - this was something I experienced first-hand just afterwards.

By claiming Team Mystic as my team, I get to support my fellow Mystic mates at their Gyms, by feeding Berries to the Pokémon they left there to maintain their morale against challengers. Conversely, I can also challenge the Pokémon in the Gyms held by the other two teams and test their mettle against mine. I'm a bit fortunate that there also happens to be three Gyms near my home so that I can quickly try this out, and it's a whole lot of fun. These three Gyms seem to be quickly changing ownership across the three teams, so at least I can partake in the exchanges.

But most importantly, now I can participate in raid battles, which do take place at Gyms and therefore necessitate being part of a team. This is an area where I can still exercise some independence, and yet regardless, I cannot raid alone. It is too much for myself to handle. That is why I now appreciate the connections that I made one month ago, which enables a more coordinated raid effort. Even so, I've yet to be able to participate in the efforts that have been held; I hope and expect to be able to change this soon.

In the time between I first played Go and my return to it, I've missed out on quite a lot. Gyms got changed, Pokémon got added, and other players have come in and gone out of the game. At the least, the act of claiming a team ensures that I at least have a chance to experience what I have missed - or rather, what I might miss should another rework occur. Now I want to take this and advance as far as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.