Sunday, October 21, 2018

Pokémon Go Community Day, 10/21/2018

As I've noted in yesterday's post, I was supposed to watch Yanni in concert the other day, but this plan went south when he became unable to perform. I also noted that on the same weekend, Pokémon is still involved; this month's edition of Community Day for Pokémon Go, which is today and would have been the day after the concert, is the reason. And because of the travel plans to the concert, it means that I participated while I traveled to the concert that would have been.

Actually, I could have missed today's Community Day if I hadn't found out about it early on. One of my raid fellows had found out about the Community Day schedules for a few months ahead, way back in August or so. Because of that, I was able to conclusively determine that this month's Community Day was the day following the concert. Had I missed the information, I probably would have planned my travels in such a way as to make participation in Community Day infeasible, but because of the information, I was able to plan my travels accordingly. As for those plans, concert or no concert, Community Day was going to happen; had it been possible to gracefully cancel the travel plans, I would have taken part in Community Day where I live, much like I did in previous months, but because I couldn't, I traveled, and Community Day happened as planned... as I traveled, that is.

And the plan for today's Community Day was to take part in it in a well-known tourist area, which also happened to have quite a few PokéStops around, with the hope that there might be a few more participating Trainers around. However, that did not seem to be the case, since I saw no one that seemed to be playing. Even so, two other Trainers did install Lure Modules on two PokéStops, and I leveraged the situation by installing three of my own on three others. All the PokéStops were arranged on a straight path, which facilitated this month's Community Day perks.

Speaking of perks, this month's perks are the Pokémon Beldum, the move Meteor Mash for its final evolution of Metagross, as well as its Shiny form and 3-hour Lure Modules, and accelerated Egg hatching. This month's Community Day is therefore the first Community Day to involve a third-generation Pokémon since the start of this series of events. Though limited, the situation above is what facilitated the last perk, as the route was simple, going along the straight path and back. I finally hatched some old Eggs that I badly needed to hatch to leave room for new Eggs. That was quite helpful.

As for results, this seems to be an unlucky Community Day for me. Though I got a good number of Beldum, very few actually had very good stats, which is a shame. Not only that, I only collected a grand total of two Shiny Beldum, while others caught way more than that, though this seems to be normal for any Community Day. What wasn't normal was that Beldum appearances seemed rather sparse for a Community Day; other Pokémon seemed to appear just as often, if not more. By reports, some people saw almost no Beldum, and this was happening in many places. This situation has been officially acknowledged. In the past, the solution would of course be to extend the event on the same day, but this time, a new solution is in place: this Community Day will be repeated (redone) at a certain date to be announced. That should bode well for anyone dissatisfied with the appearances, the ones captured, and the lack of Shiny forms, for which I have complaints for all three. Actually, this solution would be analogous to Yanni rescheduling his concert for another time; he has, in fact, done that for one of the concerts that didn't happen, so it might just happen for my case.

This Community Day not only was scheduled alongside a concert that wasn't meant to be, but also seemed to have its share of problems. Unlike the concert, I at least obtained something fruitful - and quite useful because I traveled for it - though still not completely satisfactory. On that note, the solutions are apparently similar as well: reschedule concert, redo Community Day. When both occurs, they might just make for greater days, whether or not they happen roughly at the same time as is the case of this weekend. I'm looking forward to them already.

One year ago: Pokémon Brand Parodies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.