Monday, October 15, 2018

Ultra Ball Hanging Ornament

As I've mentioned in my post about the equipment that I use for my Pokémon cosplay, the Poké Ball that I use is based off on a hanging ornament. I found the ornament in a merchandise stall at an event, and I bought the ornament immediately to replace an older one I used. The same merchandise stall, though, also makes the other two kinds of major Poké Balls (Great and Ultra Ball), and I finally got the Ultra Ball variant the other day, by way of the stall selling at yesterday's event.


It shouldn't be hard to match up the colors of the Ultra Ball, and this one evidently does that. The black and the white parts of the ball, as is the yellow part of the upper half. Design-wise, this ball is appropriate as well. The yellow part of the upper half is neatly arranged and does not conflict with the hanging loop; this was one of the few balls sold that was so. The hanging loop is also black, which in this case perfectly matches the upper portion of the ball, unlike the Poké Ball keychain I got the week before, which clashes a little with the red upper portion. Given all of these, I'd say the Ultra Ball I got is just right.

With this Ultra Ball, I also have completed my collection of hanging ornament Poké Balls from this merchandise stall. Back when I got the Poké Ball to replace my previous one, I got a second one to keep as a collection, as well as a Great Ball. Looking at them side-by-side, I'd say they're all excellent, even if the Ultra Ball is a little slightly off in proportion (most likely because it was created later).


While I can conceivably also add a Great Ball and an Ultra Ball (the ones that come from this stall) to my cosplay equipment, I prefer not to, because the Poké Ball seems to be sufficient in most cases, and I'd rather not add extra things to carry. It's a nice idea, but it personally doesn't work for me. I'm just fine with the Great and Ultra Balls as hanging ornaments and nothing else.

The fact that the stall provides the Great Ball and Ultra Ball as hanging ornaments seems to indicate that the stall listens or pays attention to Pokémon fans like me, who expect not only one kind of hanging ornament, being not just the Poké Ball. This Ultra Ball is just the ticket for interested fans to buy them and have an impressive set, or in my case, to make my collection as perfect as it can be, especially in the case of the Ultra Ball I got.

One year ago: Cosplay: MAXcited

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.