Friday, December 7, 2018

Local EX Raid (and the Power of Us), 12/7/2018

This EX Raid is a wonder in many ways, not the least because of the tag I have given to it (more on this in a bit). To start, this is the first time since September that I've had EX Raids over consecutive weeks; the two EX Raid gyms have drifted in schedule enough to allow for this to happen. The schedule for today's EX Raid was also no different, as it was scheduled for 3 PM. Predictably, the rain was also an "attendee" to the EX Raid, even just before it began. That has to make for an interesting story.

And it does. I had intended to get to the EX Raid gym by finding transportation myself, but transportation found me instead. While I was seeking one, a friend passed by and offered to take me to the place of the Gym as he was taking care of his own errands. And he did, but as we proceeded to the Gym site, the rain came down harder and harder. We almost thought we couldn't make it by the time my raid group gathered, but as if by miracle, we did. I may not have gotten in time otherwise, and for that, I have to offer my thanks.

As for the EX Raid itself, there were so few participants this time (at least, the ones that reported), so there was talk about making the EX Raid a one-for-all thing. However, as the EX Raid initially progressed, there were overlapping opinions, particularly as there were indications that others may still come, and so everyone decided that those who wanted to raid early should join in battle right then and there, and anyone who came later can hop into an extra battle flight. This proved to be the saving grace for a few people who did indeed come later, which made the decision fortunate.

A visitor in a parking space.

The Deoxys that I caught isn't too shabby either. It is the strongest one I've caught so far, and as a bonus, it wasn't too finicky as the previous one to capture. That's a pretty good turnout for an EX Raid that is somewhat in disarray as usual thanks to the rain. I'm not sure if I will be able to catch one with the maximum capture CP, but I can at least try. There may be just a few more attempts left before Deoxys changes forms, which is an inevitability given its multiple forms.

And then there's that tag I mentioned. For what it took to get me here, and what it took to take down Deoxys and capture it, I couldn't have done it alone, even more so for the latter. They're things that happened because of everyone's involvement, and both are things that are worth telling and noting down about as the stories of today. Today's EX Raid is, effectively, a product of "The Power of Us".

(And yes, that tag is a rib on the English title of this year's Pokémon movie. There may or may not be something special about it for me soon, but I don't know...)

One year ago: The Shops of Shuffle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.