Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Sewaddle Keychain

If many of the merchandise posts on this blog are of any indication, it's that I love collecting keychains, particularly from theme events or conventions which I become a part of. And from the convention two days ago, I got this particular gem of a keychain, featuring a Pokémon that might seem uncommon but is actually relatable and quite important. Plus, the keychain is a thing of its own.


The featured Pokémon of the keychain is the Bug- and Grass-type Sewaddle, from the fifth generation. For those well-versed in the Pokémon anime, Sewaddle is (or was) one of Ash's Pokémon during the Unova saga. It eventually evolved into Leavanny over the progression of the saga, but it still leaves its memories behind. Mainly for this reason, I opted to have this Pokémon over all the Pokémon that were featured as keychains. But that's not the only reason.

After looking at the keychains that were offered, I wasn't satisfied with a great deal of them. Some were off in color, others were off in proportions, and still others were off in both; these definitely reduced their aesthetic appeal. But the Sewaddle keychain was sufficiently satisfactory in both regards that I was willing to make it a part of my collection. Combined with the previously detailed reason above, it was enough for the appeal factor. This selection process is reminiscent of the one which rewarded me the Cobalion keychain that I detailed last year in an early post about this specific type of merchandise.

For this one, the details are rather impeccable. The leafy shroud is well-designed, including the little veins above the head. Facial details are true and neatly colored. Even the feet have a dab of color, though this is not visible in the above photo. The Pokémon looks so good that I almost want to display it as a figure rather than use it as a keychain... and in fact, I might just do that. This is a perfectly fine mini-figure in that regard. The Cobalion keychain above can likewise be considered as such, and that further links the two.

I suppose I'm just quite affectionate about collecting Pokémon keychains. This one's well-designed and personally memorable that it's hard not to be as such. And even if this one fails to be a keychain, it is at least a mini-figure that merits to be displayed. I really like that. I'd like to collect more Pokémon keychains that are as impressive and significant as this one is.

One year ago: In and Out of Poké Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.