Saturday, January 5, 2019

Cosplay: Bunkasai XXI

Me: Well, it looks like we have a chance to have that thing we talked about a week ago. I didn't think one could come so soon.

Ash: So what's the deal with this one?

Pikachu: Pika pika? [inquisitive]

Me: It's a school event. It seems to have a lot of backing, so that's why I sent you here.

Ash: Oh, I see. I guess because of that, you'd think it'd be popular right? But I don't see much - just a small stage, a few stands, and lots of students.

Me: Yeah. I suppose it's because it's held on a Saturday that things are slow. If it was held on a Sunday, it'd be a different story. Let's check out the competitions.

Ash: Let's see... there's a character competition and - is that someone singing? I guess there's a singing competition. But I got told that everyone else had already signed up for that.

Pikachu: Pi. [disappointed]

Me: Well, that's OK. Let's just go with the character competition. I had heard there was that other competition, so I sent you with the Sinnoh outfit to prepare. Plus, it's a tradition, you know, whether or not that one happened.

Ash: Right. This is my first time here... and I guess it's the first time for this school theme event?

Me: A friend of mine just told me about that, and yes, it's true. It was her school, and they're holding something new. Yet I can't help but think that it's rather school-oriented.

Ash: Pikachu and I can see that. Everything's a bit here and there. Seems it's a good try for a first time. They've even got a dance competition, which is always popular. Maybe it'll get better next time.

Pikachu: Pi, pika pika. [supportive]

Me: I suppose so. By the way, how's the character competition?

Ash: I didn't win. It was me against 18 or so others, and only the best three won. And it was a simple street competition without performance. At least I had fun.

Me: That's what counts. This event is standard but somewhat minimal, even odd. I feel almost guilty for sending you here.

Ash: No problem. And I know that you had to decide on sending me here, but I think you were right when you did decide. And it seems fine to start off this year with something small like this one! Right, Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pi! Pika Pika! [approves]

Me: Sure! Expect more of these throughout this year. Be ready.

Ash: We will!

Pikachu: Pika! [adding to agree]

One year ago: The Music of Go
Two years ago: Alt+0233 and Its Kin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.