Sunday, January 6, 2019

...With Gatherings and Safari Zones for All

Today, there was actually a Pokémon Go gathering that served all the regional raid communities in my region; I didn't go, however, because I wanted to recover and take a break after yesterday's event, as well as other reasons to be detailed below. And then, later this month, Brazil will be getting a Safari Zone event, for which I don't have the means to go, and even if I did, it would be too far. The meetup and event have prompted me to discuss about them, in particular for my area.

The regional gathering is a great idea, which makes me (and some others in my raid group) wonder why we didn't hear about it in advance - it was only informed to my raid group a couple of days prior to the actual event. Perhaps if we did, we'd have the chance to send in a few (more) representatives and make actual travel plans; the gathering took place in a town I've never been to and wouldn't dare to go except with a few friends and a definite plan. That way, we can at least enliven the festivities. If possible, this should be made a regular occurrence to give everyone the chance to meet and expand our networks. Moreover, the next gathering could be held and hosted in a different town or city, preferably a major one - even mine - to allow the chance for more people to come. I might not hesitate to join if that's the case.

And then there's the issue of Safari Zones. My area is not likely to get one, but a different area in my resident country would be more attractive and perhaps would draw players from everywhere. It might be a stretch, but I and a few of my raid group fellows would likely want to join in. Such an event would also be highly publicized through the game and otherwise, like previous Safari Zone events. If the necessary prerequisites can be fulfilled, it might turn out to be a great success. Some months ago, I had heard that there was a proposal to request one by mass communication, but nothing seemed to come out of it. Given that even Brazil is getting one, it would be amazing if a Safari Zone actually happened.

The gathering is a locally specific and independent initiative that has some worth of being coordinated further to allow more to join. Meanwhile, a Safari Zone event would be a larger event that would be grander for not only local players but also international ones that wish to join in. Either way, a future prospect for any of these two things would bode well for me and many other local Pokémon Go players. It would be rather nice to be able to play this one game, incredible, with gatherings and Safari Zones for all.

One year ago: More Odd Poké-Pika Things
Two years ago: A 3DS Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.