Monday, January 6, 2020

Pokémon Statues

Some people I know real well are or were collectors of statues, especially artistic ones. This is evident in the ones they have in their places or even the ones they've left behind where I can see them. Those statues are neat to have and to see, but they're of things that I'm not necessarily partial to. But for those who know me and this blog, they would know that I'm partial (and in fact fully attracted) to Pokémon. What then would be suitable for me is to have Pokémon statues, which would really reflect what I like. It's something that has underpinnings in the various related media, but it could also stand to be actually realized as well.

Some of the games contain depictions of Pokémon in statue form, and that is at least a fine starting point. Notably, by them, it is suggested that the most likely places where Pokémon statues may be prominently present are in the various Gyms that are present in so many places in them. Though sometimes they may not be particularly evident, the statues within the Gyms in those places would surely be tied to the featured Pokémon of those places - perhaps not as dead giveaways, but to be sufficiently as a simple preview. As well, shrines and shrine-like places would conceivably have a statue or two of the most important Pokémon tied to them, like the lake in the first PokéPark game with Dialga and Palkia.

Elsewhere, the boss office scenes in the Detective Pikachu movie features three Pokémon statues behind the desk of the boss, which also happens to be Dialga and Palkia, along with Arceus instead of Giratina as would be expected of the trio. They're large but not overly large, but they appear distinctive. They don't factor into the plot, but they are aesthetically important, as in a way they affirm that the setting is indeed the Pokémon world. This also affirms one other thing: statues are present in the world and have some importance as well in marking characteristic places, if the prior examples don't already do so.

As for me having Pokémon statues of my own, that would be a little difficult. Though Pokémon is very popular nowadays, it might seem like an esoteric subject matter for the creation of statues. I'd have to find someone whom I can commission for the creation of one (or more) and discuss the concepts for its execution. Then, I'd also have to search for the materials for their creation. In the end, I probably might run up a pretty tab for this, and it's not something I'm terribly interested in at the moment, but eventually it might head in this direction.

I'm not a "statue guy", but I have links to others who (used to) possess them, so I have some appreciation for them. The same seems to be true for certain things in the Pokémon world, and as a Pokémon fan, that makes me glad as well. It makes me desire to have one or some of my own, though it would certainly involve quite a bit of effort to have them. For now, I can revel in the fact that Pokémon and statues can go hand in hand, the latter as a neat art form that can depict the former as something popular among many.

One year ago: ...With Gatherings and Safari Zones for All
Two years ago: More Odd Poké-Pika Things
Three years ago: A 3DS Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.