Saturday, August 22, 2026

Cosplay: Sportainment at "Wonderful Festival"

Me: Well, the next few days seem like it's going to be a busy stretch of sending characters, so with that, I'm going to need your help after all.

Ash: No prob! Good thing we're still here. And I'll put in my world outfit just like at Community Day.

Pikachu: Pika pika! ["That's right!"] 

Goh: And while I may or may not be sent, I can still offer my views.

Me: Sure. Anyway, this one happens locally in the town where I live.

Goh: OK, so it's sports, entertainment, and a festival. I think I see culture too.

Ash: I saw that, actually. It was at the local stadium, and I read up on how it got built.

Goh: Very interesting. I'd love to know how that came about.

Me: I can fill you in later. So, apparently this is a celebration for the wonderful things about where I live.

Ash: And they want characters - us - to make it lively!

Goh: Sounds familiar to all of us.

Pikachu: Pika chu... ["Uncanny..."] 

Ash: Well, yeah. The people holding the character part were the ones usually from the mall rooftop.

Goh: There you go.

Me: You didn't have to pay to get in, did you?

Ash: Luckily, no. The sport entertainment thing is on a stage outside, not inside with the concert.

Goh: I seem to remember a concert and character going on... wait, this one. It wasn't that, was it?

Me: No, this is different.

Ash: Yeah! It's way different than that.

Me: And I know there's a character parade. Did you get in?

Ash: I did! I thought I'd have to pay for that, but it was totally free.

Pikachu: Chu pika. ["Fortunately."] 

Goh: How about actual entertainment - for us?

Ash: Just dance groups and the final for a game we don't play.

Me: Mm-hmm. Did you actually see the festival, though?

Ash: I did stop by, but I didn't get anything from there.

Goh: Well, I guess we might have reasons for that.

Me: By the way, how did the actual character parade go? I heard there was a different system for that.

Ash: Oh, there was the usual stage perform, but we also went out to get "likes" or votes from other people.

Goh: Wait, also like that one time at the mall!

Ash: By the same people!

Pikachu: Pika pika chu? ["Coincidence?"] 

Goh: OK, so...

Ash: Yeah, the stage perform was OK, but I forgot that I needed to stay on stage for a bit.

Goh: Oof.

Ash: Yeah. And the voting was fine. I got 12 from people.

Me: That doesn't sound like much.

Ash: But it got me... THIRD IN VOTING!!

Goh: Wow!!

Me: Hey, and just like that time too.

Ash: Yeah! I thought it wouldn't work out, but it did.

Pikachu: Pika chu! ["It works!"] 

Me: It worked out nicely for us.

Ash: And many of your friends. They also came here with their communities.

Goh: That works out for sport-entertainment.

Ash: But... I peeked inside the stadium and it was mostly empty. And I guess the main festival part wasn't too popular either.

Me: I'm hearing reports that there were controversies the day before, when there weren't characters.

Goh: The day before? You mean this is a multi-day festival?

Me: Yes - it's from Friday to Sunday (tomorrow). But characters are only relevant today.

Goh: Like Ash said, it's to make things popular.

Pikachu: Pika chu pika... ["To make it work..."] 

Me: Well, I think they at least recovered and kept us and characters busy.

Ash: I hope they can make it more wonderful next time.

Goh: Sure enough. Speaking of busy things... what else is in store for us?

Me: Well, that comes tomorrow. But at least today really was busy in other ways.

One year ago: Narrowing Down Pokémon Types
Four years ago: The Summer Cup of GBL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.