Sunday, August 23, 2026

Cosplay: Wibufest Cosplay Competition Vol. 9.3

Ash: Hey, they're busy again.

Pikachu: Pi pika? ["Again?"]

Me: Yup, this one's about them again.

Goh: I can see that. Um... "Vol 9.3"?

Me: I think they wanted to indicate that they've been around and about. But this one is local to my area.

Ash: Just like last time.

Goh: So, I guess that would apply to the place, the competitions, and the rest.

Ash: Yeah! I thought they wouldn't have a singing competition again, but they did.

Me: Oh, huh. I don't have anything fresh in my mind for you... so, will "Chiisaki Mono" again be fine with your world outfit?

Ash: OK. I guess that will make up for last time.

Pikachu: Pi pika pika. ["Again, I guess."]

Ash: But I did make it different. I went full Japanese this time.

Goh: Nice. Not your usual mixture self.

Me: Well, I guess it would be nice sometimes. What else is different, other than your outfit?

Ash: The communities were also different. A little bit.

Goh: There's got to be something different for the competitions.

Ash: Some of our usually in-character friends tried the singing competition. A few were OK.

Goh: OK, and then for the character competitions...

Ash: They made the registration simple this time. I went for both.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Simple!"]

Me: That just leaves how you did in all of them.

Ash: I got nothing.

Goh: Not even for singing?

Ash: Only two winners for that one - and they're both girls, the only two in it.

Goh: That sounds a little fishy.

Ash: How about a lot? I saw... uh... "The Forbidden One", to borrow what some of your outside friends say.

Me: Oh no. The person is still trying. How'd you know it was him?

Ash: Your other friends confirmed it. And we did address each other.

Goh: A little like that time.

Pikachu: Pika chu... ["Oh dear..."]

Ash: He might have been in it even before. All the winners had to sign something this time like last time, and I don't think they all got their prizes.

Goh: That's the "something they dealt with"!

Ash: Yeah, that.

Me: [sigh] I guess we'll need to mark this one as a red flag for now.

Goh: And I hope they can resolve things pretty soon. Otherwise they'll be "very busy".

Me: Maybe not in a good way. Anyhow, thanks to you two for helping to make this busy weekend more bearable. You can go back on your outing.

Ash, Goh: Sure!

Me: And I've got other business to attend to... literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.