Sunday, August 9, 2026

Cosplay: SB Urban Fest 3

Ash (and Goh) are still away. But Red is still here. In fact...

Red: Hey, this festival is quite a long ways away from you. I haven't been to one of these in years.

Me: I know. But I thought we might give this one a shot since I have no commitments today.

Red: OK, I got you. So this is the third - where's the second and the first?

Me: I didn't send Ash to the second, but I did to the first.

Red: Ah, gotcha. But unlike Ash that time, you're sending me for the full day today.
 
Me: Like I said, no commitments. Well, except for this one.
 
Red: Looks like everyone had to commit to the heat in the city square. It was kind of hot.
 
Me: Sorry about that. It does get hot in that place this time of year.
 
Red: But it's pretty good the festival started later in the afternoon.
 
Me: I'd have to agree. How did you feel about the entertainment?
 
Red: Hmm, a couple of dance groups and a guitar and violin duo. I like that last one more than the other.
 
Me: I do too. Just in case you're wondering, the entertainment might not seem like much, but...
 
Red: The people seem to like it - including the ones who appear to organize it.
 
Me: Yes - the latter is kind of unique, but you don't need to hear about that too much.
 
Red: But I'm sure you want to hear about the character parade.
 
Me: Of course. That's one of the things I wanted you to set us up for.
 
Red: Well, I tried to do a little thing with Pikachu and Charmander just like a few months ago.
 
Me: But I guess it didn't work - for a win, that is.
 
Red: Nah. The other characters were really good. But there was a bald one, and he was, um...
 
Me: Hold on - I'm reading reports of a controversy involving this guy with another one.
 
Red: I didn't feel all that great with him too. Very demanding.
 
Me: Let's not address it too much, then. Other than that, I'm sure the festival was great.
 
Red: There was good food and many good people - yeah, except that one - and the urban theme fits well enough.
 
Me: After the third time, it may be a charm for a lot of things. Mostly, I guess.
 
Red: Don't forget us and Pokémon.
 
Me: Sure enough.

Six years ago: Into the Myst
Seven years ago: Raid Stories
Eight years ago: Evolution Is a Change
Nine years ago: Historical Pokémon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.