Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Cosplay: "Independence Cosplay"

Ash and Goh have gone back out into the world. But there's a little something going on today, and I still need someone to fill that in. So...

Me: For the first time ever, please welcome Roy.

Roy: Hi!

Me: You, of course, are the "flame child" that I referred to in my previous post, and I've grown to identify with you in some ways.

Roy: Thank you! I'm honored.

Me: Which is why now I'd like to take the privilege to send you to a happening in my world [OOC: cosplay as you] as the first Pokémon character not tied to my previous ones [Ash or his basis].

Roy: Sure! But... isn't today a day where you might need to be doing something else?

Me: Don't worry, today's an off day, which is why it can happen for me and my friends.

Roy: I can see that. I went to the mall that you told me to go to for it, and I met some of them right away. And one of them helped me get set up!

Me: See? And I'm glad you got the help. I was thinking someone might have to do that.

Roy: Oh, and you sent me along with Fuecoco, my first partner. That's very nice.

Fuecoco: Fuecoco! ["Greetings!"]

Roy: OK, so this festival - I guess you could call it that - has... "independence" in it? What's the deal?

Me: Well, last week there were celebrations for that, so this one can be considered a delayed version of that.

Roy: Oh, yeah - I gotcha. People set up shops too, some goodies, some food...

Me: Sure, even if it's a little one in a mall.

Roy: And then more of your friends came. And we talked off and on...

Me: It's a good time. Speaking of good times, the festival also has some entertainment. How'd that go for you?

Roy: I like the singers! The dancing was OK too. And there were games!

Me: Oh, they're probably like the games for last week's common celebration.

Roy: Yeah, they look interesting, but maybe I'm not cut out for them.

Me: I'm not sure either. But for characters, there should be something for them to express themselves.

Roy: It's... a little competition!

Fuecoco: Fueco! ["Neat!"]

Me: It's a little something I call a "character parade" [OOC: cosplay walk] where you also show off what you can do briefly.

Roy: You'd like me in it, wouldn't you?

Me: Of course, even though it's your first time out.

Roy: OK, I can do that with Fuecoco. It could be like the first time we met.

Me: That could work. Others might have something similar.

Roy: Yeah, that's the vibe I got from them.

Me: Well, all right. So you ate (for me), took in the sights, and participated in the character parade. How'd that last one go?

Roy: I got nothing. But the others that got something were great too.

Me: Yeah, that happens. So no "rookie miracle" this time around.

Roy: It was fun, though, on stage!

Fuecoco: Fueco fueco. ["Pretty nice."]

Me: So, after all that, how do you feel about me sending you?

Roy: That's great! It's a different experience from my journey.

Me: I thought so. And you could see a bit of my world.

Roy: And I could help you out with other Pokémon things too.

Me: That's a real possibility. Now, I currently don't have a future plan yet for you, and I might want to change up a couple of things to make it better for you.

Roy: That's fine with me! Take your time to make it the best.

Me: With that, you can go back to your journey, and I can go back to mine.

Roy: OK! I'll see you whenever I see you.

Me: Got it. And I'll see you then.

As I say, this is not "moving on", but "embracing the future". It's an "independence" in and of itself, which seems to be appropriate.

Six years ago: The Principle of Life
Seven years ago: Expecting the Cards
Eight years ago: PokéMusicians

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.