Sunday, July 28, 2024

Cosplay: Arto Fest

Me: All right, we've gotta keep this month from seemingly being dry of conventions and festivals, so I have to send Ash to one.

Goh: And there is one today.

Me: Well, actually, the story is more complicated than that, but we'll save that for way later on.

Ash: OK, so this is... an art festival?

Pikachu: Pi pika? ["Isn't it?"]

Me: Given by its title, yes - and sending characters could be considered an art, in and of itself.

Goh: I wouldn't disagree. Where is it? 

Ash: It's in a mall!

Goh: Oh, let me guess: the same organizing team behind Community Base, Foodtopia, and all that, in the same place.

Ash: Yeah! I met the team leader when I came.

Me: Then we were in good hands.

Goh: What kind of art did they show off?

Ash: Board games, character designs, models...

Pikachu: Pi pika chu. ["They all look good."]

Me: Neat! That would then inspire people to send characters...

Goh: ...and so that's the point of including them. I guess that was the only competition today?

Me: That was indeed. How'd things go?

Ash: Everything started at 4 in the afternoon.

Goh: That was kind of late, wasn't it?

Me: Maybe, but given the team and character competitions in general, that's par for the course. Go on.

Ash: Everyone performed a little on stage, and then we all went out to get "likes" from people with stickers.

Goh: Oh! That's unique. So the winner was by popularity.

Ash: Yeah! But... I didn't seem to get too many, even when I was with other characters.

Pikachu: Pika... ["That happened..."]

Goh: Hmm, sorry about that. If I was there, I'd give you at least one.

Me: And if this was a full-blown Japanese festival, there could be even more.

Ash: Yeah. Most of the people at the festival were common people and students.

Goh: Were the students also part of the booths?

Ash: Come to think of it, yeah! It was for their schools.

Goh: I see - so it's like an exhibition.

Me: I think Goh pretty much sums it up. So after all that, you turned in your "likes", and...

Ash: ...I found out I was close to the bottom, and I thought I wasn't going to make it.

Goh: How many prizes were there?

Ash: Just five. But I waited out for the results anyway.

Goh: So after all that, you got...

Ash: BEST 5 CHARACTERS!

Pikachu: Pika pika! ["Very nice!"]

Goh: Awesome! So you made it after all. And this was with which outfit?

Ash: My Kanto and Johto one.

Goh: Hey, that's pretty neat, actually. It suits the festival theme.

Me: It is a pretty artsy and classic outfit, so it works. Incidentally, we also dealt with student projects (or one such project) and the same outfit about a year ago.

Goh: Hey, so I guess you two made up for that!

Me: Indeed. We also made the right choice today, because...

Ash: You were about to send me to a festival on the other side of your town, but you couldn't get something to get me there.

Me: And there was one more, but it's a suspicious one and may not need our support.

Goh: So, there was more than one festival today - three, to be exact. That rarely happens in your area... but then there's the two from two weeks ago.

Ash: And I stuck it out too!

Me: That is a great thing. Sometimes the right choices make all the difference - and in this case, it makes up for things, including this month's Pokémon business.

Goh: A very good job!

Ash: Thanks!

Pikachu: Pika chu! ["Agreed!"]

Me: I can't say it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.