Tuesday, July 9, 2024

The People I Meet in My Pokémon Dreams

Recently, I've had another Pokémon dream, but it was so disjointed that I wasn't able to remember much of it by the time I woke up - and moreover, I had to hurry to something when I did. One important part of it that I do remember, and still do at this point, is meeting a person in the progression of the dream. It's such an important point that I've decided to expand it into a full-fledged discussion, considering not only that dream but also other, previous dreams, of which many are on this blog. The discussion then centers on people of different kinds, the ones I meet in my Pokémon dreams.

The person whom I met in that dream happens to be one of my good friends who also plays Pokémon Go, and as such, friends are one kind of people whom I encounter in Pokémon dreams. They're obviously instrumental in supporting me in my Pokémon efforts as I am in supporting theirs; though in the dreams these efforts may not be as clarified as they should be, there's a sense that they still are, whether or not I sense that as the dreams come into my mind. That may just serve as the driver for any Pokémon effort I undertake when I wake up.

Sometimes, in my dreams, I see characters from the wider Pokémon universe, and even I may become a character myself; they are regardless another kind of people I meet. Even if they're not exactly me - or in a strict(ly more figurative) sense, it's me cosplaying as them - my encounters with them in my dreams may just serve as the important dynamic in those dreams, and that may allow the dream to persist for some time before I wake up. When I do, that might also add to my impetus to cosplay them - or at least plan for that purpose.

Perhaps the people I encounter the least - in other words, very rarely - in my dreams are those with a very high status in relation to Pokémon, like those from The Pokémon Company or celebrities connected to Pokémon (Rica Matsumoto would be one of them). If they do appear, it would seemingly be with a "cameo" status; yet it still seems to be enough to classify that as being able to meet them in my dreams.

Many people can evidently be present even in my Pokémon dreams, providing me with a chance to meet them, whether directly or indirectly. Whatever happens in those dreams, by meeting the people, they are effectively contributing to support my Pokémon experiences as well, at least if only within my sleep. Once I wake up, though, the support may just manifest in a different way - maybe even the best way.

Three years ago: Twilight Wings Addendum
Four years ago: Pokémon Primer?
Five years ago: Picking Battles
Six years ago: Cosplay Cards
Seven years ago: Ghosty and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.