Me: Yup, yesterday and today. That was the thing after Community Day yesterday and all day today.
Ash: And both of them with me in my Kalos outfit! ...I guess it's to make things easy for all of us.
Pikachu: Pika chu! ["Very easy!"]
Me: That would certainly be the point.
Goh: And we're familiar with both of them because one was earlier this year...
Ash: ...and the other was last year!
Me: Good recall. For that, I also thought of combining both into a single discussion (and since Community Day was yesterday anyhow). So, let's start with the first one.
Goh: That one was yesterday, I'll bet.
Ash: It was! At the same place, obviously.
Goh: With the same people?
Ash: Sure! But they did bring in a game community - not for us, but you get the drift.
Goh: But beyond that, the entertainment had to be practically the same.
Ash: Dance groups, singers, and games. I saw pretty much the main ones.
Pikachu: Pika pika pika... ["All still the same..."]
Goh: Well, I'm sure the character parade is also still the same, and you got into it.
Ash: No strings attached, so yeah. But I did try to make things different. I started with my cap and gloves off this time and put them on when it happened.
Goh: OK, yeah, that's different all right. Was it enough to get something?
Ash: Yeah! I got Favorite Male Character!
Me: Very nice! The effort can really work out sometimes.
Goh: That is great. And you had a good time at the place with your friends.
Ash: I did.
Me: Then that brings us to the second one, which was today and should be the same old food festival trying to bring in people.
Ash: Same place, same people, and all that. But I did come when there was a cheerleading competition before our stuff began.
Goh: So the festival brings in all kinds of organizers for different things.
Me: Goh is right. This seems to be the methodology for all kinds of festivals here for bringing in people.
Pikachu: Chu! Pika! [imitates cheering]
Goh: Can't blame them for trying. OK, so this time, did you try any of the food? I don't think we talked about that much in any of the past years.
Ash: Well, back then it was only little bits of things, but this time I got to try quite a bit of things - enough for lunch and dinner. They always have a lot of things going on.
Goh: I would think. But then that also goes for our festival.
Ash: Just some dance groups this time, along with the character parade.
Me: Speaking of which... since you dealt with food, you didn't deal with that.
Ash: No - I thought it could be like three years ago when I came with the same outfit, so I spent the day eating and talking with your friends.
Me: Well, I think that's a good call. I'm sure the winners were "just that".
Ash: Um... yeah. "Just that."
Goh: After eating and talking with friends, then it was back to our friend.
Ash: Yup, just like that.
Pikachu: Pika pika chu. ["All done after that."]
Me: So, after all that, the old saying is true again - the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Ash: But not completely! All your friends are (were) really different for each one.
Goh: I think both of you have your points.
Me: While I'm not sure what or where the next big one will be, there might just be some ways to make it different.
Ash: But Pokémon can always stay the same for us.
Goh: That's a sure thing.
Me: Absolutely. It's a "go-to" for wherever we go to. You get my drift.
One year ago: Mega Evolution on Parade
Two years ago: On Half Decks and Full Decks
Three years ago: Spoiler Alert
Four years ago: Longing for Pokémon Donuts
Five years ago: The Fate of My Local Pokémon Hangouts
Six years ago: Competitor Ranks of the Silph League Arena
Seven years ago: Personal Branding
Eight years ago: To Judge and Be Judged
Nine years ago: Catering to Old and New Players
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.