Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Path Through the Main Series

The main series of Pokémon games is the one that most Pokémon fans play, including myself, and the games of these series are the ones I come back to time and time again. I've played at least one game from every generation and all of them are fun in their own ways. Through these games, I've followed a path or pattern for selecting which games to play.

Most games of the main series are paired, but due to certain restrictions, I'm able to play only one of the pair. These are the game pairs, and the ones in bold are the ones I have played:

Generation
Games
I
Red
Blue
II
Gold
Silver
III
Ruby
Sapphire
IV
Diamond
Pearl
V
Black
White
Black 2
White 2
VI
X
Y
VII
Sun
Moon

It can be seen that the games I selected to play alternate with each successive pair, where the pairs are the games in the order as they are most commonly mentioned. Since I played Sun for the Generation VII pair, for whatever pair of games will come next, I will play the second game of the pair in the commonly mentioned order. Not mentioned here are the third games of Generations I-IV - Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum - all of which I have played.

For the generational game remakes, the path is slightly different:

Generation
Games
I
Fire Red
Leaf Green
II
HeartGold
SoulSilver
III
Omega Ruby
Alpha Sapphire

The path is the exact inverse of the original games, where I chose to play the game I didn't play originally. Thus should a Generation IV remake appear, I will be playing whatever will be the analogue of the original Pearl version based on the pair.

This manner of selection may seem such a little thing, but it's a tradition that has worked well for me, and there is no reason not to maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.