Monday, December 11, 2017

Pikachu Head Collectibles

I love Pikachu objects in any form, even if it's just the head. The head has to be one of the most expressive parts of Pikachu, which makes it unsurprising that it's part of many Pokémon collectibles featuring Pikachu. And recently, I obtained some collectibles featuring the ever-expressive head of Pikachu for a good price from the events or conventions that I've been to. They're different, yet they're so nice as well.


The first is a mini Pikachu head plush, which I'm rather certain that it's an official merchandise. I got it from yesterday's convention; a stand sold this and merchandise featuring other Pokémon heads, and while this one was missing its tag, the others weren't, and that's how I knew it was official. The plush is complete with a wire loop, which can then be used for hanging. The only thing is that it seems the ears are flat and slightly floppy where they are joined to the head; while this is fitting with the true character of Pikachu's ears, this also leads to a minor stability problem. Otherwise, the head and the face is well-designed with its standard appearance, and this is a good thing.

The second is a Pikachu head pin, and this one is definitely an indie merchandise. I got it from the event of three weeks ago. Compared to the plush, this one is a little less detailed, but at least most of the important parts are present. Having said that, the simple appearance makes it resemble character icons from a certain action puzzle game, yet that's not a bad thing. It just means that this pin is of a different art style. I still appreciate the artistry that went into the pin, and I like that I have it in my collection.

Even if it's just a part of the body, Pokémon artistry such as these is certainly worth having. They present a unique perspective out of what is arguably a very expressive part. For Pikachu, this is no different, especially when different styles and materials are involved. They make great collectibles as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.