Monday, January 21, 2019

Takara Tomy Arts Manmaru Pokémon Netsuke Sun & Moon - Torracat

One thing that's important for a toys exhibition like the one that was held the other day is a lot of toys and play items, in particular those that can be gotten from gacha machines, something that so happens to be popular among those who enjoy things of Eastern origin (like Pokémon) and everything associated with them. I like them, and so many of my Pokémon fellows, specifically the ones who collect figures. I had the opportunity to obtain one the other day, and the one I got seems really good.


The one that I got is a part of a series of five items, and it happened to be one of the more cheaply offered item series. The appeal of the series appears to be because of its cutesy sitting appearance. The five featured Pokémon in the series are Pikachu, Eevee, Torracat, Poipole, and Stufful; as evidenced, through the draw, I received Torracat, though I was rather hoping for Pikachu or at the least Poipole. But that's the risk you run with gacha items, which may turn out to be not what you were hoping to get. That said, I'm still OK with this one.

Torracat appears extremely detailed in its sitting pose, which is atypical for a quadrupedal Pokémon. This detail even goes to its backside, which is not immediately evident in the single picture above. It hangs by way of a metal hook and a red braided string rope with a loop at the end. This feature tells me that its usage may be a bit different than what is expected; it could be considered as a decoration for gadgets or any hanging items rather than as a keychain, but it could conceivably be used for that purpose if the keys are handled with care, along with the item.

I don't force myself to be a gacha person, at least not too often; I just take what comes naturally, like when I received this item. Some of my figure fellows, however, would probably be willing to expend funds and effort to get everything like in the set above, and I respect that. But with the quality and artistry of the item above, I'm not too displeased. In fact, given sufficient funds and the ability to encounter the same machine - perhaps at an exhibition as above - I may just return for another round.

One year ago: Cosplay: AsiA Cosplay Competition 2018, Day 2
Two years ago: Dreams of Itasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.