Friday, January 31, 2020

Reading About Pokémon Lore

As a Pokémon fan, I'm interested in many, if not all aspects of Pokémon. One of those is that of the stories behind things in the Pokémon world, what I liken as the "lore" behind them. I like to find out about them through everything that I do with Pokémon, but I also like to read about them, perhaps much like what the professors in this world might do. What I like is that this is achievable through different ways and different types of content, all of which are provided for my reading pleasure, and of course others.

The most obvious content type would be the descriptions and texts in the Pokédex entries of various Pokémon. Much of the lore about Pokémon can be said to lie within them, making them quite important in this regard. They're a definite source of information on what Pokémon are, how they behave, and in many cases their interrelationships as well. I find them invaluable to my understanding as well as to make others understand about Pokémon because of their explanatory quality, which makes me like reading them.

Descriptions that relate to Pokémon are not only found in the Pokédex. Most usable items on Pokémon often have descriptions related to what they are usable for, and with luck, they might possibly be related to one or a few Pokémon. In that way, they also constitute the lore behind Pokémon, and more likely expand it as well. They too are insightful in that regard and helps me to make more sense of their lore, not to mention to enjoy them for my understanding and others' as well.

While descriptions are certainly great, what would be greater is to be able to have them at hand in a workable and more easily readable form. That would necessitate them as books, which Pokémon has its share of. I've detailed my efforts to search for them as well as a couple of the ones I've found, and this is still an ongoing process. Having them all at once can result in possessing a "collective" lore about Pokémon and all things related, which only means further understanding and pleasant reading.

I'm a great Pokémon fan, so I have to make sure that I'm knowledgeable in them as well. The great thing is that Pokémon has its body of "lore" about them, and they can be elucidated in various ways, especially ones in text form. For those, I only have to read them to have the knowledge about them, all the while enjoying myself and my rational mind. I'm not exactly suited to be a professor, let alone a Pokémon one - I have a long ways to go before I personally become one - but perhaps we may indeed read the same lore about Pokémon.

One year ago: The Magic of 25
Two years ago: Et Tu, Shuffle? (Thy Hath Bugs)
Three years ago: It's Been a Month...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.