Friday, January 12, 2018

Another Big Shuffle Update

Recently, Pokémon Shuffle on the 3DS had a major update that required downloading from the eShop, something that I became alerted to when I tried to check in as usual. The gameplay didn't change, but there were a lot of things that changed that made the gameplay more favorable. I've gone through many of the newly changed or added things, and I can say that they're to the benefit of all players.

The most important new thing is Trainer Rank, which depends on Pokémon that are caught. Each different species of Pokémon caught (and therefore different forms don't count) contributes to the Trainer Rank, and by increasing the rank, all sorts of bonuses are earned, including certain Mega Stones. This means such a bonus effectively replaces Competitive Stages of the past, where the Mega Stones used to be earned. I've been playing from near the beginning, and since I already have the Stones, I got Level Ups instead. The rest of the bonuses are the usual menagerie of items and enhancements, but are still useful.

Speaking of bonuses, the check-in bonus is no longer limited to coins. Along with coins, players can get items and enhancements, which are by themselves indeed useful. They're given out on a daily basis, so players must continue checking in to get the stuff. I check in on a fairly regular basis, so I'm not worried, and in fact this drives me to check in regularly, which could also be expected of other players with this change. It's an excellent one that rewards a lot.

Aside from this, there are even more changes all over the place. There is an "Undo" button next to "Optimize" to select a previous party for a stage. Some Special Stages now detail their rewards or drops so players can expect what they will get. Jewels can now be used to unlock many Main Stages at once. Pokémon List is simplified - now Pokémon are only shown as caught or not caught, and those not caught can be directly filtered as well. Finally, a "Credits" button is added to the menu so that players can see just who are involved in making the game. These are all appreciable changes, no matter how small.

Shuffle is a great game for those who enjoy it. With this major update, that great game just got a lot better. It makes for a more favorable experience whether for players that are just starting out or veteran players like me. I'm excited to continue playing Shuffle on my 3DS because of these changes, and I hope the game gets even better, as does my experience playing it.

One year ago: In-Game Trainer Name Inspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.