Sunday, May 5, 2019

Cosplay: Bunkasai 2019 -Tanabata Matsuri-, Day 2

Ash: So, Day 2 is when everything is supposed to happen, right?

Me: Right. This is the day that I wanted to send you on, but then things happened, as you know. Was everything all right yesterday?

Ash: Pretty much. Good thing your friends are so helpful. What about you, Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pi! Pika pi! [with vigor]

Ash: OK, if you're ready, then I'm ready.

Me: Now, Day 2 has the other thing I sent you for, which is the character parade. That one should be good.

Ash: Sure, that's always fun. And you know, they made it interesting this time!

Me: How?

Ash: They made it look like a performance. I was supposed to pose and do things a few times on a path across the stage. And I'm sure I did great!

Pikachu: Pika chuu!! [excited]

Me: I'm sure you did. I hear the competition winners are announced this day too. How'd that go?

Ash: It would have been nice to find out who won, but I had to go early based on your time for sending me, so I didn't find out.

Me: Hmm. The intel I spoke to didn't respond, so I think we can say we didn't win anything. Sad.

Pikachu: Pi, pika. [consoling]

Ash: Maybe we'll win something next time!

Me: Maybe so, since most people liked you, and us. Now, since it's Day 2, we can deliver our impressions. What did you think?

Ash: Well, there weren't too many of everything. There were just a few food stands, goodies stands, and community stands - including the one for Pokémon figures. But what is a lot is the entertainment.

Me: By all reports, it does seem like it's a lot. If there weren't a singing competition and one less band, then they could have done everything in a day. But it seems the singing competition is popular, so that's why they saved it for a full day.

Ash: They also took some time to get the stage ready when they could have done it early. Maybe some things could have been scheduled better.

Me: But here's the big question: would you come next time if I send you?

Ash: Sure! But with all that's happened, you do need to check with them too.

Me: Right. Apologies, again. I think we all need a break, and the good thing is that we have one for the next month or so... starting tomorrow!

Ash: I guess for us it isn't really a break, though, since I've got Pokémon training to do, and so do you, plus this blog!

Pikachu: Pika pika! [remarking]

Me: Maybe you're right. But it is a break regardless, so we have time to rethink things for next time.

Ash: OK. Everyone, see you next time!

Pikachu: Pika pika!! [parting]

Me: That pretty much says it all. Until next time!

One year ago: Cosplay Team Projects
Two years ago: The "Me Thing" vs. the "We Thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.