Me: Remember last month when I tried to send Ash to a festival and it didn't happen, so he went to Community Day instead?
Goh: Oh. This must be it.
Me: Indeed. So, this is the one that got delayed a month. But that's also a good thing, because...
Goh: No Pokémon happening today?
Me: Nope.
Ash: All right! I can be at the festival all day!
Pikachu: Pika chu, pika! ["That's very nice!"]
Ash: So, um... I've never been here before.
Me: That's right. This one has been going on for many years, but it never worked out for us for one reason or another (including a month ago) - but now we can get to it.
Goh: Who's holding the festival?
Ash: Another place of study, much like one of our friend's.
Goh: OK, that's pretty interesting. But how was it like actually today?
Ash: They had all the stands and booths out on a big parking lot. Last time there was construction outside and a little inside, so that's why they delayed it.
Goh: I see. But won't it get hot outside?
Ash: Actually... It did, huh.
Pikachu: Pika pika chu... ["Really hot..."]
Ash: Luckily there was shade in the nearby building.
Goh: Luckily. I'd love to know how many stands there were.
Ash: Not a lot. Just a few food stands and booths for goodies.
Goh: Hmm. It doesn't sound too big to me.
Me: I have a suspicion about this, but let's continue on. As for competitions...
Ash: Hey, there's a singing one! I'm sure you want me in that.
Me: Sure! And you happen to be with your Hoenn outfit, so...
Ash: "Chiisaki Mono" it is!
Goh: Would you look at that - a chance for "redemption".
Ash: Yeah. And our friend is much better now, so we can really do it this time.
Pikachu: Chu pika! ["All right!"]
Goh: I guess we'll deal with how you did first.
Ash: I did fine. Maybe I messed up slightly? But I didn't forget anything - mostly.
Me: Well, that's OK. How many others were there?
Ash: Nine others, with three prizes.
Goh: A pretty good chance...
Ash: ...but I didn't get any of them.
Me: Huh. Well, there's always next time.
Goh: By the way, was there a character competition? Usually a festival like this would have one.
Ash: There was! A parade. But I saw only four get in, and they all looked really good, and it costs double to get in...
Me: So you probably wouldn't win, and it's more effort on my part.
Goh: Oh, OK. Good thing you tried to put your Eggs in one basket.
Pikachu: Pika, chu pika... ["Yes, a lucky break..."]
Me: The rest of the day must have had some entertainment.
Ash: Yeah, a couple of dance groups and a band, plus a dance-off.
Goh: That's still not much. So... how big is this festival really?
Ash: Well, the parking lot was big, but not a lot of people came.
Goh: Maybe our friend knows something?
Me: I heard that there were two other local festivals in the vicinity, both of which also have either singing or character competitions - at the same time as this one.
Ash: I heard that too! From your friends at the festival.
Goh: Well, I think we have the answer then. Those two "stole" visitors from this one.
Me: Yeah, I think you're spot on, Goh. It doesn't help that this is the one that got rescheduled and "ran into them".
Pikachu: Pika pika chu? ["Could be different?"]
Ash: I guess I probably would have ended up in either of them too if this wasn't around.
Me: That would likely be the case.
Ash: But I think the students did a good job after all that's happened.
Goh: Maybe you'd like to go again next year?
Ash: Sure! If our friend can make it happen.
Me: Like today, if it happens to be a "free" day, then I'll surely give it a shot for you.
Goh: That could be interesting.
Ash: Right!
Me: At that point, the festival might just stand up to its "universal" name.
One year ago: The Electrode Volleyball in Pokémon Unite
Two years ago: Pokémon Center Merchandise Odds and Ends
Three years ago: NADWPKMN - The Video Series: Special Episode #1 - AsiA Cosplay Competition Single Performance
Four years ago: NADWPKMN - The Video Series: Episode #4 - In Character Spirit
Five years ago: Other Uses of the Pokémon TCG
Six years ago: Pokémon Go Fest 2020, Day 1
Seven years ago: Pokémon for Print Projects
Eight years ago: World of Pokémon... Media
Nine years ago: Videophones and Pokémon, Then and Now
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.