Sunday, July 19, 2026

Cosplay: Wibufest Cosplay Competition

Me: Now here's something to liven up this weekend... I hope.

Goh: Well, it's a character [OOC: cosplay] thing. So of course you're sending Ash.

Ash: I'm on it!

Goh: And it's a competition too, obviously. You will be putting Ash in that, right?

Me: Actually, it's not just characters. There's a singing one too.

Ash: Sure, why not.

Pikachu: Pika pika. ["Good thing."]

Goh: And what do you want Ash to sing?

Me: Well, since it seems no-holds-barred... let's go with "Chiisaki Mono".

Ash: Ah! Well, I'll put on my Hoenn outfit, then.

Me: You got it.

Goh: So, what's the place like?

Ash: It's a cafe! But they set it up like a festival on the second floor.

Goh: Very neat. And of course everything happened there.

Ash: Yeah! But, uh... I think our friend still has a bit of a "tired" problem.

Me: I'm really sorry. I thought I'd overcome it by now. I hope you did all that you can.

Ash: I did. It might sound a little off, but it's still true to the song.

Pikachu: Pika chu... ["Pity..."]

Goh: You did try to resolve it yourself, did you?

Me: I did all I can myself. [sigh] Well, if you want, you can take part in the character competition.

Ash: I got into the character parade... I think. I was given a number for that.

Goh: Was there something else?

Ash: There seems to be a "street competition".

Me: Oh, but you had to sign up regardless. Hmm.

Goh: Huh. And I guess the parade happened way later on.

Ash: Early evening! But...

Me: What now?

Ash: I almost didn't get called! But then a friend of our friend saved us.

Pikachu: Pika pika chu? ["How'd that happen?"]

Goh: Maybe they put you on the "street competition" and gave the wrong label?

Me: That's possible - even intentionally.

Goh: Seeing that there are two competitions, anything is possible.

Ash: Yeah, even for the singing one. 

Goh: How'd you do with that?

Ash: No go. Only three winners and there were some real good ones in the 18 who were in it. 

Me: So we may never have had a chance. Although I'm still frustrated that things turned out the way they did for me.

Goh: I'm sure you'll want to make it up.

Me: Absolutely.

Ash: Maybe the place was frustrated as well? The power kept going out.

Pikachu: Pika... pika chu! ["It just went... zap!"]

Goh: Oh. That too is frustrating.

Ash: And the winners of all competitions had to deal with other things too?

Me: OK, so maybe it's not so bad not winning. I guess we're all dodging bullets (and seeds) here.

Ash: I'd say we all need to get things going.
 
Me: True that. I hope that'll be the case for whatever's next time.

Goh: There's always one. 

Me: There always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.