I've written about my Pokémon dreams from time to time on this blog, at least when they happen and I'm fortunate enough to (have a way to) remember them - and most aren't. That seems to be the case for some of my most recent dreams as well as others from the past. Yet while the dreams are lost to time by now, I can still identify a few things that are apparent features of those dreams along with their relation to Pokémon, though the things themselves may not necessarily be related to Pokémon.
Since I'm a Pokémon cosplayer, it would be conceivable that sometimes a stage would appear in some of those dreams. That stage would obviously be where I'd be performing with my Pokémon cosplay - which more often than not would involve Ash - whether as part of a competition, or if I'm lucky, with a group performing together. Admittedly, the latter has been a rarity in real life, and the same goes for its appearance in my dreams - but they do appear, and so it has to be included in this discussion.
Then, bicycles also make an occasional appearance. I've noted in the past that I enjoy two-wheeled vehicles to some capacity, and Pokémon has those in some form. Naturally, in some of my dreams, they come together, additionally with the Trainers who are known to have used them (Red comes to mind in this case). They make for nice dreams, but at some point I have to be aware that the dream is just a dream, lest other fantasies "take over" and that's when I start a digress from Pokémon, not for discussion here.
Most simply, sometimes a table may appear in my Pokémon dreams. Tables are important in some instances of Pokémon gaming (TCG, obviously), and as such, they've occasionally made an appearance where Pokémon games have been a concern in my dreams. Of course, tables can and do serve as a feature for where people meet, and that becomes the context in my Pokémon dreams when gaming didn't become a concern. Whatever the case, both contexts involve me relating to other people and Pokémon.
A dream can be described as an amalgam of thoughts and experiences that occur while the mind is at rest. For someone whose mind may constantly involve Pokémon matters, that means it can become involved in dreams if the mind lets it, and that is a given fact with all the Pokémon dreams I've had. And if those dreams happen to involve particular things appearing within them, like the things above, they might just be telling of how I regard Pokémon and how different things apply to all my dealings with it.
One year ago: The Problem of Scalpers and Pokémon
Two years ago: More Waypoint Usage in Pokémon Go?
Three years ago: Cosplay: Helloweebs on the Road & TM Town Festival
Four years ago: Best Times for Community Day across Times and Places
Five years ago: (Un)finished Business, Again
Six years ago: Progressing Through the Go Battle League
Seven years ago: At a Starry Night Time
Eight years ago: Approaching Field Research Tasks
Nine years ago: Restarting Go Fever Among Players
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.