Thursday, May 25, 2017

A Camera and a Pikachu Doll

I went down to the mall today for an errand, and a Pokémon-related thing caught my eye. As I passed by a camera shop, I noticed that the shop displayed Pikachu dolls along with the cameras. It turns out that the shop has an offer going on: by buying a certain model of camera, a Pikachu doll is given as a gift. This is a really, really nice offer indeed because the camera is from a popular excellent brand and the bonus is something that I love. However, I'm not likely to get it - even if the doll is tempting enough - for the practical reason that I need to save my money and spend it elsewhere, which is why I'm discussing it now.

Even so, a camera is something that I would like to have, though not desperately. I have a separate camera which is a hand-me-down from a relative, but the sad thing is that it is now challenged to work well in regard to its various aspects. First of all, the camera is old, so the resolution is not as good as today's cameras. Second, the battery is old, so it drains quickly, and even on various occasions I've had trouble charging it. While I have a camera on my cellphone, which works for general picture-taking and social media, it's not workable enough for specific photography purposes and with the load on my phone, which is why I'm interested in separating this function from my phone and lighten my phone's load. Regardless, the camera phone is what I've used to take pictures of objects that I've covered in this blog so far, and it's useful enough for that. A separate camera would be even more useful for taking pictures for this blog.

As for the doll, the quality is excellent. It's a step up from even the best dolls that are available in local doll shops. If I can get the doll on its own separate from the camera, I may do just that, but then it would also depend on the price; if the doll is quite expensive, which I suspect it might very well be, then I might just refrain altogether. At that point I'd settle for the doll as being the bonus for the camera rather than getting both separately, and that brings me back to square one.

In the end, a camera is somewhat desirable, and a Pikachu doll of great quality is just plain awesome. To get both at the same time is an exciting prospect, but only if I had the funds to allocate to them, which I don't at the moment. I suppose that I'll have to get by with what I have for now, and perhaps when time passes by, there might be an even better camera and Pikachu doll waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.