Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I Can Hear Your Voice

In a number of previous posts, most recently yesterday's, I've "summoned" the character which becomes central to the Pokémon anime series, who is none other than Ash Ketchum himself. I like his spirit so much; it has practically become an admiration for his character. That admiration extends to the smallest details, like his characteristic voice. When I really focus, I can just seem to perceive to hear his voice.

Exposure seems to play a large role in this. I've certainly watched many episodes of the Pokémon anime, and may even have re-watched just as many of them as I have watched them for the first time. Thus I'm frequently exposed to not only images and pictures, but also sounds and voices - those of the music and the characters, including Ash. Over time, it just appears that I have gained a "voice imprint" for him, for both the old and new voices alike.

This is by no means limited to Ash. Taking a more general Pokémon example, I seem to have "voice imprints" for many of the characters. I'm able to perceive the voices of Brock and Misty, for example, almost as ably as I can for Ash. And why not - I'm exposed to them for a long time as well, so I also understand their character and by extension their voice, though obviously to a lesser degree as their presence is not as extensive as Ash's.

But it is indeed the voice of Ash that sticks out in particular. It is easy for me to think about what Ash would say and how he would say it because of the "voice imprint". It is what I heard when I "summoned" him in those earlier occasions. I have the utmost confidence that it is exactly what he would say were he to be actually present. It is almost as certain as my confidence in his character.

[AshKetchumMode]
I like the way you think. I know you've seen many of my adventures; they're up, down, and all around, but I know that each one is special. They must be special for you too, 'cause they make you think of my voice. I'm pleased, and you should be too. I'll try hard to not disappoint, and I hope you can continue to think about me - and my voice!
[/AshKetchumMode]

Thanks, Ash. As long as you venture, it's not that hard to perceive how you'll be like, right down to your voice. You've got my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.