Monday, January 28, 2019

(Scripted and Connected) Local EX Raid, 1/28/2019

Well, it's another local EX Raid in the area where I live. And Deoxys is still in its Attack Form, so there's not much to go on about that. That leaves the tag for this one, "scripted and connected". It's "scripted" because I intended to get this one, which happened to be in the same spot as the previous EX Raid. The main reason is of course documentation, so I could at least get a picture of Deoxys at the spot where the Gym is, which I hadn't done on the previous times. Fortunately, my efforts succeeded and I received the EX Raid pass for this Gym as intended, without having to deal with others.

Another reason why it's "scripted" is that the EX Raid invitation I sent to one of my Ultra Friends was warmly received, and the person I invited actually came. My experience with past invitations haven't been too well. One time, I was actually requested to invite a person and I did, but the person didn't come; another time, I couldn't contact the person I wanted to invite, and I ended up inviting someone else instead. Of course, now that I have 19 Ultra Friends (with more on the way), it becomes a task to decide who do I want to invite and who needs to be invited. This invitation involved such a decision. Perhaps I may have to have more considerations in the future.

Early evening with Deoxys in the park.

Now for the "connected" part. As can be seen above, I managed to take a picture of Deoxys before I captured it. This is not something that's absolutely necessary, but for the purpose of this blog, it does seem better to show things as they happen, and one way is through a picture as above. And I wasn't really worried about Deoxys, though it did happen to be the most powerful one so far for the Attack Form that I've caught, and it gave in on the second throw or so. Maybe I should have been a bit more careful, but at least things went well. This is one form of "connection", to be sure.

The other part of the "connection" is being able to raid further afterwards. About half an hour after the EX Raid boss egg appeared, another Level 5 boss egg appeared in a Gym that wasn't too far away, so that got raided as well. Much later on, I was able to participate in another Level 5 raid; in both instances, I caught both of the raid bosses, which made for a productive evening - the EX Raid being scheduled at 6 PM. I also engaged a friend in PvP combat, though I fizzled out in defeat. Whatever happened, I got "connected" somehow.

"Scripted and connected" seems to be the perfect tag for this EX Raid. Being able to do all I can (and more) makes this a good occasion. After not having participated in an EX Raid for two weeks, this makes for a nice way to get back, with everything turning out really well. The scripting and connecting continues, though, as I continue endeavors in Pokémon Go as well as prepare for the next EX Raid, as well as all other things Pokémon for the purpose of this blog.

One year ago: Cosplay: Japanese World 2018
Two years ago: The First-Generation Bicycle Theme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.