Thursday, January 23, 2020

New Pokémon Asia McDonald's Happy Meal Toys - Selections

It's always neat when new Pokémon fast food toys appear for chains such as the one indicated, and it's also always neat if they have interesting mechanisms. What is not so neat is if I as a Pokémon fan have problems in obtaining said toys, resulting in not at all at the very worst or just a few at the very best. All of these are certainly true for a new series of Pokémon toys that recently appeared and which I will discuss in this post.

This new series of Pokémon toys was introduced nearly a month ago, right before the year turned over. Like the series of toys that came before it, the series has eight distinct toys, and the toys are released in waves. The difference is that there were only two waves of toys (four toys each), and the waves in entirety lasted only two short weeks, which does not mean much time to get everything. I was surprised myself to find the toys being offered the very next day on one day I went into one of the chains, and then just as surprised when I found them all gone. With all my current affairs and needs, there wasn't much opportunity for me to obtain all the toys, and I ended up with only two of them.


As for the toys themselves, the current series of toys can be said to be action-oriented, in comparison to the previous series, which is more figure-like. The toys that I got are the "Pikachu Double Spinner" and "Attack! Eevee Swift" toys. Incidentally, they are both "spinning top" toys, and for fans of Japanese things like me, these could be construed as a "kind of lead-in" to a different series where such toys are dominant and are the fighting force themselves. The toys that I have are composed of two parts: the spinning tool, which contains the featured Pokémon, and the tops themselves. One attaches the tops to the spinning tool, spins the top to charge, then lets them go. The Pikachu toy is unique because there are two tops that can be stacked as they're spun, and the Eevee toy has the top released by a "key". The "Rotate Rowlet! Razor Leaf" toy seems to be a top toy as well, though I wasn't able to obtain it.


Others from this series that I am curious about and would like to have gotten are the "Pikachu Poké Ball Catch" and "Pikachu Attack Roller" toys. The former seems unique because of its trigger mechanism which I would like to try out for myself, and the latter is unique because it includes a paper target for use with the toy - something that does not seem to be common. The "Jump Out Popplio! Water Jet" toy looks to be interesting as well, even if it seems to be a simple ejector-type toy. Overall, the action orientation of this series of toys seems rather evident even if only visualizations suffice.

It still remains a neat thing when different series of Pokémon fast food toys appear such as this one. While the obtaining of the toys might be a problem, even given my current situation, to obtain even some of them is still a fun thing to do, especially for a Pokémon fan like me. And if the concept doesn't seem to be half bad, as with this current series, then they are definitely a keeper as much as anything else Pokémon.

One year ago: Islands and Continents
Two years ago: Passing the Guard
Three years ago: Two Pokémon Pillows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.