Monday, June 24, 2019

The Show Must Go On

In the tournament post, I mentioned that I just had one of my worst days ever. The reason would be that I lost my phone less than a day before it, putting my participation at risk. However, I had come so far that not participating was out of the question, for myself or otherwise. It was a big "show" for me, and so was the entire weekend.

Thus, within the time span of a few hours, I had to recover all that I can recover from my old phone, including Pokémon Go. And I could, surprisingly; with just that much time, I was able to get back almost everything on my old phone, including Go, allowing me to get back to the business at hand, which is preparing for the tournament.

But then there is the "almost" part. Stuff that I didn't get back included many of the more recent camera photos, including of the cosplay cards - yet I was fortunate to have uploaded them to the blog post before the incident. As well, many of the more recent Pokémon Go snapshots were also lost, which is regrettable. I didn't have the forethought or ability to backup most of these, and so they are gone. 

Even now, with a new phone, I now face a different crisis, one that may be more grave. That is why I mentioned the rethinking of going to really far away opportunities like these for some time, though I may make one exception in the near future. This is also precisely the reason why I'm hesitant to make myself closer to such opportunities (in other words, move), even if Pokémon in general could be involved to a greater degree.

I've stated previously that Pokémon could be likened to a "show" for me, and it still is. And the current show is a tragedy that I have to stomach. It means a lot of things, and one of those things is that I have to take a few steps back before I keep moving forward, certainly always with Pokémon in tow.

The show must go on.

One year ago: Jumping the 'Karp
Two years ago: Married... to Pikachu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.