Sunday, August 30, 2026

Cosplay: 60 Seconds to Tokyo 2026

Me: Well, I can't be at (or send you to) PokémonXP and/or Worlds, but I can send you to a festival instead. 

Ash: And there's one today!

Me: Right. It's a little far away, but I think it satisfies the travel need.

Goh: And it's got an interesting name too. It almost seems unreal.

Ash: Don't you think? Not unless you use...

Goh: The Psychic Teleport! But even then that's also limited - I think.

Pikachu: Chu pika? ["Maybe?"]

Me: Well, that's a reasoning. Anyway, I wanted to send Ash today at the behest of one of my friends...

Ash: ...who runs (ran) the whole thing!

Goh: Really?

Ash: We talked about it off and on while I was there. But maybe we can save that for later.

Goh: For starters, how did you get there?

Ash: With a couple of our friend's other friends - we met along the way.

Goh: That's pretty nice!

Me: I'll bet that saved a load of effort.

Ash: It did - and on the way back too.

Goh: So, what about the festival, then?

Ash: It was in a hotel! Not where you'd usually find a festival.

Pikachu: Pi pi pika! ["Luxurious!"]

Goh: Ooh!

Me: Well, sometimes you find conventions at a hotel. I've been to ones myself that are such. But that's a different matter.

Ash: Would that be in a big room, just like this one?

Me: Yes! That's all I can say, though.

Goh: If it's a festival, were there communities and food?

Ash: Just one community - Bocchi Noizu - and three food stands. One of them has the exact same name as the festival.

Goh: Oh, your friend must have asked them to come.

Me: I'm sure he did. Oh, yes: I heard from some of my other friends that a hotel in my town also wants something going on as the same name of this festival, but I don't think it's a festival. And they canceled it.

Ash: I'm sure the hotels are all together! I saw a poster for that with lots of hotel names.

Pikachu: Pika chu. ["A good deal."]

Me: I would think so too.

Goh: OK, and I'm sure there had to be competitions.

Ash: A character parade, and a photography one. I got in the first... but your friend wanted me in the second one too. So I came up with something for that with the food they sold.

Me: I saw that. It's exactly what I would make for that myself. It's also an excuse to eat.

Ash: Haha, yeah!

Goh: And then for the character parade, you had your world outfit. ( I wish I was there.)

Ash: Yeah. Our friend told me to "recycle" it from last week. So I "recycled" what I did there too.

Goh: And how'd everything work out?

Ash: Didn't get anything for both - but I did get a certificate from your friend.

Me: That was one of the points my friend sold me on, so there you go.

Pikachu: Pika pika. ["Pretty nice."]

Ash: Oh yeah! I also got in a minigame, and I got a little something - by answering Pokémon questions! They were all about Trainers and their Pokémon.

Me: Well, that would be another point... anyhow, that's pretty good.

Goh: So... entertainment - I'd guess song and dance.

Ash: You're right. There were a couple of dance groups and a bit of singing too.

Goh: Pretty standard.

Ash: I even filled in with "Mezase Pokémon Master" - but I got distracted a bit in the middle...

Me: Huh. Don't worry about it. At least it's not competitive.

Ash: Yeah, I guess you're right.

Goh: So I guess we can call this one a success - what do you think?

Me: I think you're quite right. Hey, maybe that local hotel of mine might just get things rolling.

Pikachu: Chu pika chu! ["Marvelous!"]

Me: Even so, did you tell my friend that it might not be so easy for him to do it all on his own?

Ash: I did. That was part of our talk after the festival.

Goh: Maybe there's something odd about it?

Ash: Um... I hate to say this, but I saw "The Forbidden One" wandering about the festival.

Goh: Wait, so he might have been involved?

Ash: From what I got, he might have put money into it and tried to control it.

Me: Uh-huh. See, that's the kind of threat that my friend might face. Now I think I might know why the local happening got axed.

Ash: Your other friends also stepped in and tried to help a bit - which I think did the trick.

Me: Well, I hope that whatever comes next will be free of his "influence".

Pikachu: Chu... ["Hmm..."]

Me: In the meantime, in the spirit of the festival's title, perhaps 60 seconds might be all you need to think you're somewhere.

Ash: I think that was all in a song there! You just have to close your eyes.

Goh: And then, our friend might just get to Tokyo or anywhere else in the world.

Me: Perhaps for the next World Championships, you and I can be there in person instead of just in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.