In a recent seminar I attended - yes, I attend seminars if at all possible for my life other than Pokémon - one of the speakers suggested to find a "triangle", as three things that define oneself, which can then be shaped to make a successful life, professional or otherwise. Of course, if it's going to be on this blog, it's got to be related back to Pokémon somehow... and that's certainly the intent of it all, as well as to see how it can be applied in that manner.
According to the speaker, the "triangle" consists of what one can do, can deal with, and/or is interested in, forming the three corners of a triangle. The "can do" or "can deal with" part is rather obvious as everyone should have something they can do to make a living, but the "interest" part can be rather different and may just define one's position. Or, in different terms, it can be said to be the "added value" that makes the triangle unique for every person. Of course, the other two corners can be unique in their own ways, which adds to that.
Now, I certainly have Pokémon going for me, so that is placed in one corner - but more specifically, it's an element of pop culture, so it and the rest of pop culture make up that corner. Then, I have the expertise of languages and its science (linguistics) in another corner, which becomes mostly what I do as well as a major interest. As for the third corner, I have my other interests as well as what I can do with them, for example a partial interest in technology and its innovations, which allow me to take care of things in the other two corners.
Using this "triangle", I can then define and seek out opportunities to support myself and allow growth that no one else may be interested to take up. In fact, I've already started to seek a particular example, though I can't say what it is just yet nor discuss how successful I'd be in taking it up. It would be a further way of dealing with Pokémon and pop culture, and one that would allow me to peruse aspects from the other two corners of the triangle. If it were to be successful... then it would surely be a vouch for this particular "triangle" approach.
This approach is also somewhat reminiscent of a different one that shares the same number of sides, though that is more reserved for gathering and dealing with information, to make sure that is as intended. Still, the approach in this post does deal with information in a way, only more about oneself - and in my specific case, how to involve Pokémon.
Much of what I have discussed above can and should be applied differently by different people, but the core principles of the approach will remain the same. There would also be the same spirit of making a living with the tools that one has or will have, and if one of those tools happen to be Pokémon somehow, then it might surely be a good life.
One year ago: Simplest Pokémon Games Today
Two years ago: Pokémon Go Community Day Classic, 8/18/2024
Three years ago: My Current Woes with Café Remix
Four years ago: Hard Times, Fun Times in New Unite Battle Arenas
Five years ago: Chiki Balls Pokémon Coins: Selections
Six years ago: The Power of Stories
Seven years ago: Cosplay: STARNIFEST 2019
Eight years ago: Cosplay: B-Bunkasai 2018 - Subarashii Maboroshii no Sekai
Nine years ago: Battle of the Masters
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.