Goh: Wait! Isn't this one a "red flag"?
Me: Well, um... If I had my way (or things had their way), I wouldn't even be discussing this one with you two.
Goh: There must be a story behind it.
Me: Uh-huh. So, I was told that there would be three happenings today (including this one), but I couldn't confirm two of them...
Ash: So you had me check out all of them.
Pikachu: Pika chu pika! ["An adventure!"]
Goh: And what did you find?
Ash: Well, the first one was a festival that had good food, but it had nothing for us. (I think it follows this one.)
Me: OK, so the report about this one was unwarranted.
Ash: Yeah. After that, I went to the second one you told me about...
Goh: ...and there was nothing too.
Ash: Yup. It wasn't for anything for us at all.
Me: That makes two unwarranted reports. So...
Goh: You (we) ended up with the "red flag".
Ash: Uh-huh. So it turns out this is the only thing for us today.
Pikachu: Pika pika chu... ["Just that..."]
Me: [sigh] Let's get the discussion out of the way, then. Now, I sent you throughout today with your Hoenn outfit...
Ash: ...like the first time earlier this year!
Goh: Was this on purpose or just because it's convenient?
Me: The latter. I heard there's no singing competition, so it really was "anything goes".
Goh: But there was a character parade, yes?
Ash: Yeah. I didn't want to get in for you, but your friends suggested that I get in... so I did.
Goh: Still, you got nothing.
Ash: Nope. And the winners still had to sign something.
Me: On that note, I did hear that the community resolved the dealings of previous winners, but I don't want to trust in that too quickly.
Goh: I understand that.
Pikachu: Pika chu? ["I guess?"]
Ash: Other than that, everything was more or less the same.
Goh: Everything??
Ash: Same place, same communities, same friends of yours, same entertainment (dance groups), and even same schedule.
Goh: And does that mean "The Forbidden One" was also there?
Ash: I saw. He was at a booth. But I didn't get close to him.
Me: See, I'm sure something is still up with him.
Goh: You two had no (better) choice anyway.
Me: But still. I'd rather have it be different...
Ash: Well, your friend held a spinning top tournament and I got to see it live. And I got a card reader to read something about you.
Pikachu: Pika pika chu. ["That's different."]
Me: OK, sure. Well, at least today's different in different ways.
Ash: Yeah, at least visiting many places on the same day isn't bad.
Goh: You got off easy this time - almost. I hope things work out in whatever happening you two plan for next.
Me: With luck, no "forbidden" people should be involved.
Ash: And make sure to look out for dodgy reports!
Me: That, and making sure the happenings themselves aren't "dodgy".
One year ago: Am I (Really) Suited for Physical TCG?
Two years ago: Tournament: Championship Expansion Part 6 #3
Three years ago: Pokémon Brand Parodies, Third Take
Four years ago: Pokémon Go Community Day Goodies, Round 5
Five years ago: To Be a Snorlax
Six years ago: Pokémon Go Community Day, 9/20/2020
Seven years ago: The Friendly Manual
Eight years ago: Pokémon Go Event Rollup, 9/20/2018
Nine years ago: Meeting, Parting with, and Missing Friends
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.