Monday, September 20, 2021

To Be a Snorlax

I have to say that I've been up and down lately, particularly since the past couple of days regarding my condition, which almost necessitates that I fill myself and sleep a little more than normal. That would, in effect, be almost amounting to being or becoming a Snorlax, the Pokémon that is known for its gluttony before drowsiness. In some ways, I'm tempted to consider imagining how it would be if I were really a Snorlax with all its behaviors and attributes.

Being a big eater, Snorlax is known for stuffing its face and stomach full of Berries. Snorlax might not be preferential in its choice of Berries to eat, but I would certainly be. I would opt for mostly Oran and Pecha Berries, with Sitrus or Pinap Berries if available. Also depending on availability and/or mood would be Nanab and Cheri Berries. The only ones I would really avoid are Tamato and Bluk Berries, known for their spicy and staining natures. Regardless, I would be eating lots of any of these, like any good Snorlax would.

Then comes the sleeping part. The concern here is not how long I would sleep; all Snorlax sleep for a pretty long time. What would be the concern for me primarily is where I would sleep. Instead of blocking paths as some Snorlax would do, I would go to a cave or some secluded part of the environment and then sleep there. Sleeping on a hilltop under a tree would be one such option, as a particular Snorlax of repute would certainly do. These options would fit myself well as it would fit others.

While Snorlax is known for its disruptive tendencies, I might be a little more helpful in this regard. I would see myself being helpful, when goaded by other Pokémon or people, to see myself out of my sleep and do what is considered necessary to help before resuming my sleep once again, with or without taking my fill of Berries if necessary. This would likely take some major efforts depending on the situation of my sleep, but as long as it becomes necessary, then I might just do it for my sake and that of others.

After what I've gone through in the past couple of days, seeing myself as a Snorlax might not be so hard after all. It enjoys life through eating and sleeping, with the occasional instance of helping others. It would still be a lot to go through, considering the bulk of Snorlax and all, but it might be somewhat conceivable. All it might take is putting my mind mostly to eating and sleeping, as I've done for myself recently.

Two years ago: The Friendly Manual

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.