Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Chiki Balls Pokémon Coins: More Selections

Last month, I had the opportunity to collect a few pieces of Pokémon merchandise that have been (really) going around in distribution and popularity, which would be the coins found in certain packages of snack balls. I didn't - and still don't - have the intention to collect each and every single one of the 100 coins, but I did leave out the possibility that I could obtain more of the coins. And I did, in fact, buy a couple more of the snack packages to obtain a few more coins; that resulted in me obtaining the coins below.


I obtained four coins, which are Greninja, Yveltal, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Fini. Since there are three Legendary Pokémon here, I had to have obtained two in a single package, and I did - more on this shortly. Yet, it has come to my attention that some packages may contain an extra set of coins, which also naturally means that some other packages do not have coins in them ("duds"). The chances of this happening are rare, but some collectors have testified that it is possible; it is a possible detractor to the collection effort, but it may still for the most part be disregarded.

As for there being two Legendary Pokémon in one shot, that has to do with the two Island Guardians on the right. The real story is that I originally obtained Tapu Lele and Ho-Oh, which meant that I had obtained a duplicate - and soon enough, as this was in the third package that I obtained and opened up. But I also knew that a friend is collecting the very same coins, and I offered my Ho-Oh in case my friend obtained a duplicate; soon thereafter, my friend obtained a duplicate of Tapu Fini, and thus a deal was struck to trade the latter for the former. It's a fitting and equivalent exchange.

This is also a good time to discuss the effort that needs to be taken to collect them all. I'm informed that at least one collector out there has managed to do just that. It took the person approximately 11 times the theoretical minimum to do so due to duplicates and duds, and this was without trading or buying someone else's collection - just by purely opening packages. Although this is fine if one is all by oneself, and I appreciate the effort not to do the latter, not trading seems too extreme(ly selfish), particularly since I consider that trading is one of the "four pillars of Pokémon". I can only advocate to do what is the most proper.

Again, my intention is not to collect all of the 100 coins, but whatever I can get suffices for my personal connection. This includes what I can obtain in what I consider the most appropriate ways, which are to buy the snacks and to trade duplicates with others who possess them and are willing to do so. No matter how many coins can be gained by the appropriate methods above, it is certain that I can only be pleased to obtain them as a great Pokémon fan, and enjoy sharing my efforts as with my friend and on this blog.

Two years ago: TCG, Order and Chaos
Three years ago: Artistic Routine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.