Sunday, September 5, 2021

Returns in Various Guises

Well, as posts of prior years indicate (see below), today marks the fourth year of my return to playing Pokémon Go. It was, back then, somewhat of an impromptu moment that was partially induced by demand for a new device. After four years of it having passed, there has been quite a bit of discussion on the topic, including with pleasant and somber overtones. There has been various tangents on it as well, including of mine and other players. That variety can also seemingly apply to the form or guise of their return, which is valid since Pokémon Go now has lots of things to do.

Since the advent of PvP battling, many have obviously been driven to return in order to take up this lucrative playing mode. Though my return was well before PvP was actually implemented, it may still be considered that my return was also in foreshadowing that it may eventually arise, and it did. While I cannot testify for myself how much my return at the time bought time to participate in PvP, some of the efforts then might just have been able to be realized thanks to later developments, which has to be a great thing.

As a more significant reason for returning, exploration is always beneficial. That's what I've eventually did with my nominating of various points of interest, many of which have now been accepted. This is an area I've been somewhat intrepid in, and many Trainers agree; even if PvP is not something of interest, the exploration portion always is. In this regard, I am extremely pleased as well. To keep finding Pokémon and to go to new areas further helps out myself, if nothing else.

Speaking of helping out, going into both allows me to help out in some capacity. Becoming trade partners, sparring partners, and exploration partners not only helps out myself but also whoever my partner could happen to be, as signified by my frequent (not so much right now) outings with a certain Trainer. Of course, every Trainer matters in this case, and I'm only happy to provide assistance in whatever form.

With every passing year - it must be admitted - the rationale for discussing this topic degrades in some quantity. But it's hard not to keep discussing about it, as Pokémon Go has become a substantial effort for me since. And in looking back on it this year, forms or guises matter, whether as a battler, explorer, or assistant. I'm sure many Trainers who returned like me have some faith that any or all of these forms are very much relevant to that.

One year ago: Returns Come and Go
Three years ago: A Happy Return
Four years ago: Here I Go (Again)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.