Thursday, September 16, 2021

Let's Talk About Good Drinks and Good Friends

Me: This "Let's Talk" will be somewhat similar yet a bit different from one that occurred in the past.

Ash: How would that be?

Pikachu: Pika? ["Hmm?"]

Me: I'll get to that later on. Today's topic, though, should be a refreshing one. It's about stuff we drink and people with whom we share.

Ash: Oh, that's a great one. You know, we all cannot live without drinking something.

Pikachu: Pi pika chu! ["Neither can I!"]

Ash: Especially you, Pikachu. When I train my Pokémon, I can't get by without drinking something. Most of the time, that would be water - it can't be any fresher than that.

Me: I have to agree. Water is the source of life after all. Whatever else we drink, we have to come back to water at some point. So obviously there are other drinks, but it's just that water is the main thing.

Ash: There's another drink that I like, and that's tea. I've had it in Unova thanks to Cilan, and in Galar with Goh.

Me: That's a neat one. Depending on the plant that it's made from, it can be pleasant or really funky.

Ash: I've never had the funky ones. Have you?

Me: No, neither have I. And I'm not sure I'd like to. But maybe Pikachu would like them.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Hey!"]

Me: Well, I guess it depends on what Pikachu likes. You know what can be even funkier than tea? Coffee. I like coffee because I need a jolt every so often.

Ash: So it's like getting a shock from Pikachu, only it peps you up.

Me: Yeah. You know what it feels like, so coffee isn't for you, and let's just leave it at that. I guess what works out for you the best is fruit juice - or in your case, Berry juice.

Ash: The one from Shuckle?

Me: Not necessarily, but I guess that might be neat to drink sometimes. I'm thinking just crushed up Berries might just work.

Ash: I like some Berries, so I get what you're saying.

Me: And of course, any or all these can be shared with whoever you're with, like Cilan and Goh.

Ash: Goh might really like some of them other than the tea. 

Me: See, that's what I'm talking about. Also, this discussion is for a specific reason: I'm sending you to a little celebration for a collaboration that a certain café is initiating. You'll recognize the café from two previous events you've been to.

Ash: I almost forgot! It's today, isn't it? Well, I just made it, and it's nice. They sold different drinks while I and some of your other character friends made things lively. But then after that things kind of went down after a movie about pirates and a karaoke session.

Pikachu: Pika, pi pika chu. ["It went up, then down."]

Me: I knew this would happen. That's why I thought we'd take a stab at it indirectly. In that sense, it's kind of like the time we talked about gadgets and things.

Ash: At least we helped things out, and since they went out of their way to get things going, we know we need to have good drinks and good friends.

Me: We sure do.

Ash: By the way, you didn't drink at all earlier today.

Me: Oh, that. It's a little thing that I've been doing for a long time now, and it's been said to have some health benefits. Aside from that, I agree that good drinks and good friends are important.

Ash: We'll drink to that!

Pikachu: Pi-ka! ["Cheers!"]

Three years ago: An End to Jumps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.