Sunday, April 18, 2021

Cosplay: "Pass-the-Time" Contest

Me: And... here's what became of that "test bed" earlier this month.

Ash: That looks neat. I'm sure you want me in.

Me: Of course. So this is supposed to be in part a meetup, a little gathering of sorts, plus a little competition as a character parade. I know that hasn't happened in some time, so you'll be glad for that.

Ash: All right!

Pikachu: Pika pika chu! ["Looks nice!"]

Me: OK, so there's not much to say about the big details. It's the same place and the same host as the "test bed", but a different organizer who was also behind the one involving sports and a fantastic time.

Ash: Nice. What do you want me to wear?

Me: Your Kanto outfit, but the one I specially obtained for you, should be neat and simple enough. I should also say that the current time is a time of "big rest", so expect things to be a little more mellow.

Ash: That's OK. It doesn't have to be intense all the time. 

Me: Why not. That's enough of the details, so now you can tell me what went on there. 

Ash: So it was fun, but things kind of got pushed back a bit. The gathering was just kind of a party where everyone just talks to each other. There were a couple of minigames, but I didn't play them.

Me: That's fine; you're in it more for the character stuff. I'm told up to 50 people could attend, and the party idea seems to work the best rather than rounding up everyone to talk.

Ash: Then it was time for the parade! There were 8 characters, including me, and we all did great in showing our stuff on stage.

Pikachu: Pika, pi pika! ["Everyone was great!"]

Ash: Pikachu can vouch. But there were only four prizes.

Me: So how'd that go?

Ash: The chances looked good, but I didn't win. What was strange is that the characters that I thought would win did win, and they all wore or had a lot of things.

Me: I suppose the judges were mostly oriented to detail this time. No matter, there will be other opportunities.

Ash: Everything was great, but as you say, it was during a "big rest", so things did end quickly. Maybe after the "big rest" there will be something just as great.

Pikachu: Pi pika chu. ["Hopefully so."]

Me: And hopefully more lively. As with the one that happened a few months prior, there is that hope.

Ash: I guess we will find out sometime.

One year ago: Love and All
Three years ago: Getting Social with Cosplay
Four years ago: Console Renewal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.