Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Whence I Am, Whence We Are

I have to admit, the current time of year might be considered a mellow time of year for certain groups of Pokémon fans, including (and obliging) myself and many of those I'm in contact with. It is certainly part of the time of that "big rest" I mentioned in my post about some fancy donuts, and that may have certain effects. In fact, those effects may have already occurred, as yesterday's post was actually kind of rushed even though it didn't have a "Quickies" tag. With all that goes on in this world, it seems that I and others must make do with whatever and wherever. The situation brings to mind a certain musical piece by Enya, titled "From Where I Am".

This wouldn't be the first time I've had to convey the feelings of a musical piece in relation to current situations and Pokémon situations, as around one and a half years ago I did the same for another musical piece, thinking about it in both a realistic sense and a Pokémon sense. In this case, both of the above situations converge, forcing the people involved (fans like me) to deal with things as they are and where they may be. Evidently, yesterday's post happened even with a rushed state of affairs, which could be considered a wonder for anyone wherever they may be, and the musical piece seems to fit that nicely.

As for Pokémon affairs, this piece also makes me recall that one episode of the Alola saga where Ash departs to the island with the Alolan Exeggutor and had a certain adventure there. It was a totally "from-where-he-was" situation with all that happened in the episode and how he eventually resolved and/or got through them all. Some moments might in fact be able to be set to the very piece of music that I describe, at least in the way that makes sense to describe the spirit of the piece in relation to the episode.

It's still hard to change that the current time is a mellow time, at least for certain people and those who are linked to them, for which I am connected as such. Even with this being the case, life goes on and Pokémon things go on. There are still things to do considering both aspects, maybe just like how Ash did the things in that one episode. Wherever one may be, everything ought to progress somehow, and it may be that the Enya piece captures all the sentiments for that in its musical quality.

Three years ago: Shiny Here, Shiny There
Four years ago: Friendly Plays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.