Friday, April 23, 2021

The (Post-"General") Longest Journey

Almost two years ago, I became a "general" in Pokémon Go by way of having reached Level 40, then the highest level. Since then, the level cap has been raised to 50, and now it's possible for "generals" from that point to attain greater heights. That would obviously involve myself, and I can attain those same heights as well... though obviously it would take lots of work and most likely a long journey as well. In fact, it could be called "the longest journey" after that point has occurred.

As noted, that journey involves both XP and tasks similar to Research. Either of these may be hard to come by depending on the circumstances. If one has a ton of XP saved up - and that would be the case for some of the overachiever "generals" of my raid sub-groups, who are by now Level 50 - it only becomes a matter of completing the tasks, which may or may not be simple. If one doesn't have a ton of XP saved up, it may still be possible to go up a few levels through the tasks, but then "the longest journey" begins when one has depleted the saved up XP and needs to earn more in order to go up levels, not to mention to complete the required tasks for that. Such is the case for myself as well.


As of today, now I'm on that "longest journey". After I reached Level 40, I continued to accumulate XP, certainly proving that it remains something vital to be collected after that point. That allowed me to go up to Level 44 along with the completion of the necessary tasks. It was also thanks to those same tasks that I'm able to determine when I'm actually ready to go up a level by holding off one last Master League PvP battle until that point (one of the tasks is to win a set number of times in the Master League), which is today. Still, the tasks that are to come may be the most difficult and demanding of all, with their variety and extent of things to do. And then there's the XP journey as well.

My Pokémon Go journey is already long enough, but the journey after becoming a "general" will prove to be the longest one yet. But then, there is much to achieve on this longest journey that only ends when I'm Level 50, and I'm not there yet; what is there will be the achievements and progressions to be made, which may be considered more important than that eventual destination I mentioned. As they say, it's the trip that counts, and I'm happy to go through that, as any Trainer should.

Four years ago: Luffy and Infernape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.