Monday, January 29, 2018

More Pokémon Hanging Things

I obtained a few more Pokémon merchandise that could be hanged from the event on Sunday. Hanged merchandise are neat because they can come in all sorts of sizes, and in that way include but are not limited to keychains, many of which I've gotten and discussed before. The same is true of the hanged merchandise that I got.


The big one is of course the knitted mini Pikachu doll. For its size, it's well-crafted; the ears are quite prominent, and so are the limbs of the hand and feet. Even the tail is present in two colors, which is a rarity among mini Pikachu crafts. The face is admittedly expressionless, but that just leaves the intrigue of wondering what exactly Pikachu is feeling. As for its usage, I was informed from the keeper of the stall that it could be used as a decoration for bags and so on; I think it's too cute for that - I prefer to leave it as an ornament for something less mobile, and that's good enough for me.

The little things beside it are of course keychains, which are in the style of the Kanto starter keychains I got a while back. In fact, it was from the very same stall that offered the keychains for sale. I can't help but think, though, that these keychains are slightly off for some reason, which is probably why they were given as a bonus. The Pichu and Poké Ball keychains seem passable, though, and they're definitely a keeper in my collection.

Overall, I'm satisfied with these hanging merchandise. Even though there might be some noticeable flaws, I'm happy to just disregard them for the Pokémon aspect of the merchandise. These are some of the neatest and quirkiest ones I've gotten. Perhaps I will have to think about the best ways to show these off while making use of the hanging aspect.

One year ago: Fire Power!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.