Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Continuous Inspiration

When I show this blog to some people, including some of my fellow Pokémon fans, they become amazed. Most of them wonder how I have the drive to post on it each and every day. A simple answer that I can give for that is that I receive continuous inspiration. Barring some posts that have become regular over time, such as event reviews or chronicles as well as regular goings-on in Pokémon Go, many of my posts have been inspired from what transpired as I play and/or do things with Pokémon. And luckily for me, they seemingly come as if in a continuous chain.

What I do in the games (hopefully with other fellow fans as well) gives me something to think about. If I deem it to be important to discuss or report on this blog, then it will be there... at least eventually, as I deliver my own take on it, such as new features in Pokémon Go. Sometimes, I also may come upon something important that goes further than plainly reported information but may not be covered by any game guide, and that becomes fair game for discussion or reporting on this blog as well. The inspiration is the consideration that others can be informed about the former and the attempt to "read between the lines" for the latter. Both can emerge as things progress or as consequences, and thus the inspiration is continuous.

Likewise, when I do other things with Pokémon, I'm apt to think not only about those things, but also other things that may fit and/or relate. Every now and then, something will click, and that means it's something that would then be apt for discussion here. Of course, the Pokémon things themselves may eventually deserve to be discussed when they are truly appropriate. Technically, I have no reservations about discussing anything Pokémon on this blog, but in many cases the things that are less personal have likely been discussed elsewhere, so I prefer to wait until an appropriate time when I can discuss them with a bit of my own spin. Yet, I still have to try to be objective as I can about them, especially considering the ultimate goal of this blog that I haven't realized.

All that inspiration requires some way of keeping track. I can choose to keep a lot of it in my head, but then I need to keep other things in my head as well, so they would compete. Draft posts on this blog would serve well in that regard, and they in fact do: most posts that I've made starting as a draft have turned out well and they don't compete with anything in my head. Another great way is to use my friends as a "sounding board" and keep track of what I've discussed with them through chat logs, voice messages, notes, and similar others. It could be technically considered to be a draft post "outside the system", but it nonetheless keeps track, so this has to remain viable somehow. The inspiration continues and also needs to be continued through these means.

I suppose sometimes I'll also wonder how things on this blog have gotten huge after over three and a half years. Then again, considering the above, I may have the reason to not wonder anymore. Pokémon inspiration for me is like a chain - I find one thing, and then it leads me to another, and then again to another, and so it goes. With this blog, it would serve me well to be able to encapsulate each of those inspirations in posts on this blog so I could see the path they have led me to take, and perhaps more importantly to keep the chains of inspiration continuously going somehow.

Two years ago: Figure Gathering, Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.