Sunday, November 11, 2018

Cosplay: Manga no Kiseki & Japan Pop Culture 2018

[AshKetchumMode]

Hey guys. I've got a great story to tell about two events today and yesterday. Yes, two. My friend suggested that we do something different every so often, and this is just right for that. There's another reason why the two events are combined in this post, but I'll get to that in a sec.

Yesterday, I was sent to the first event, "Manga no Kiseki", which my friend tells me it means "Miracle of Manga". As you can tell, the event is about manga, which I sometimes appear in; it's not specifically about characters, but then many of us do come from manga, so I guess it's OK. The thing is, the people there did open the door for characters to come, so my friend sent me in, and so did a few of his friends with their characters.

The event was pretty small, and many things are really about manga. There was a talk and speed drawing competition, plus a small exhibition and a couple of food and community stands. I thought it was great, but I guess it just wasn't too interesting for many people, which is why there weren't many people who came. Even my friend had also asked for my help in catching Cyndaquil rather than getting too deep into the event. It was still good, but a bit too in-depth for us. And on the other hand, it wasn't deep enough to discuss by itself.

So that's why there is the other event, "Japan Pop Culture 2018", which I was sent to today. As my friend said in his review last year, in the past, this was an event that my friend had always wanted to send me to, and last year was the first time! I'm glad. This year is the second time he could, and I'm only happy to go. It's an out-of-town event, and it's kind of far away, but my friend thinks it's worth it to go there, and I've gotta say he's right.

My friend wanted me in the character parade, but we couldn't deal with it in time, so I could only come as I am. It's still good to meet people with links to my friend and the characters they send in. Today I went with my Kalos outfit, and that's something that people always like. And something that everyone always likes is when it's not raining and we can all gather outside, which is what happened today, unlike last year! That's really awesome.

And you know what's even more awesome? I met someone who my friend thinks of as a real great guy. He can really sing some tunes in two languages, and he's popular with my friend and his friends. Oh yeah, I've actually seen him a few times before (and the last time I forgot to mention), but we never got to really meet... until today. Can you guess who he is?

Guess who?? 😁

He's Hiroaki Kato, and he can really do what he do. I had the chance to actually meet him instead of just passing by, and so did other people. Incidentally, this happened while the character competitions were on, so I guess this makes up for that. Whoever is really great for my friend is really great for me!

I had a great two days being sent to events by my friend. Yeah, sure, the first event wasn't too, too great, but the second one is amazing even though some plans fell out. I'm sure my friend really wants good things to happen, even if things turn out not as planned. And if that does happen, that's great! Right, Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pika chu! [approves]

This is the kind of story that will stick in my and my friend's mind for some time. It's really something different for us.

[AshKetchumMode]

One year agoHeroes, Veterans, and Special Ones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.