Thursday, November 15, 2018

Seeing Red: Cosplay Teaser for 12/2/2018

You know, it's been some time since I cosplayed Pokémon Trainer Red. The last time really occurred over a year ago at a certain theme event that seems to be absent this year. And this year, I haven't formally worn the costume for the character at all. That will all be about to change, as I've decided to wear the costume for a convention that will happen next month, and participate in the cosplay parade or walk - plus put up a teaser about it. And yes, like the teaser that I posted ten months ago, this one is also necessary, as outlined by the organizers.

Actually, Red has two variants. The one I had cosplayed last time at the event is the old version. The new version has an interesting story behind it. I had it made for a different convention some years ago, and I did wear it... but then after looking at the pictures from that convention, I didn't feel satisfied (even almost to the point of "seeing red" - in other words, rather angry), and so I never wore it again afterwards. However, I did wear it on two EX Raid occasions again this year as a test, and this time, I'm satisfied enough that I've decided to wear it again at the upcoming convention. Consider it a way to make up for that earlier time... and a "repeat debut".

By the way, for this one, I'm using - or instead, the organizers allow me to use - a different teaser approach. Last time, I had to include a specific text passage along with a slew of hashtags; that's why the teaser had or was forced to be bilingual, and yet even then, I managed to transform it into something of my own. This time, they said all the teaser has to contain is an invitation to come to the convention, information that I will be in the parade or walk, and a single hashtag; everything else is up to me. That said, I've opted to keep things simple in one language... and for the character to do the teaser.

Of course, as is the norm for this year, when the day of the convention comes, you won't be hearing about things from me, but from Red instead. There will be a lot to see - I can already assure quite a bit of this from whom I've been in contact with - and Red will tell you then. I'm told, there might be many Pokémon things as well, not just me or the character I cosplay. With everything that's to come, I hope that they won't make you or me be seeing red (very angry), but instead be Seeing Red - the Pokémon character, that is.

I end this post with the teaser, as posted on Facebook:
[Red] My name's Red. I'll be coming to you live in person in Chibi Daisuki Japan Fest on December 2, 2018. I'll be part of the character parade, ready to dazzle on stage. Let's meet up and have lots of fun - I'm sure you don't want to miss this one! 
#ChidaiCoswalk

One year ago: Ma? Ma? Ma? Marshadow...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.